Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm not sure if you guys have seen this bought I thought it was great

Chapuis video

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're right, that's some very good stuff. It makes you appreciate the intricacies of the art of putting a double together. thumb thumb cheers

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If they can make a DR and sell it for $4500 with the Euro at $1.30, that's quite an accomplishment. Process seems fairly well automated (and designed for automation). Very much vertically integrated as well...eg they drill and hammer forge their own bbls. One wonders why Chadick's seems to have stumbled, at one time they were the main distributor of Chapuis.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a very nice 50 min. video tour of the Chapuis factory, but it is in French. I show it at the safari conventions, but I am not sure what they are saying about some of the processes they are doing. At least this has English titles. I hope they do the 50 min. version with titles.
Eurogun Imports sell quite a few Chapuis rifles, mainly because we will have some in stock. Almost any FFL dealer can buy from Chapuis, so the price gets knocked down pretty good when you deal with an "order taker". Chapuis does not have a USA distributor and seems to prefer it to be the way it is now.
Heym is setting up their USA distributor, which will be good for Heym.

Posts: 72 | Location: Houston Texas USA | Registered: 24 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13661 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
very nice operation.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Very cool video. It makes me want one even more...

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I learned a lot from the video, thanks for posting it.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice video! This showes that you can bild a good double on modern machines.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for posting this, now folks can get an idea of why doubles cost as much as they do. On a side note, what is the proper pronunciation for Chapuis? Thanks.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: 02 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told it is

Sha Pwee

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Head Trauma:
Thank you for posting this, now folks can get an idea of why doubles cost as much as they do. On a side note, what is the proper pronunciation for Chapuis? Thanks.

Shap-we

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellent video , thanks

Gerry

Posts: 113 | Location: Herefordshire, U.K. | Registered: 12 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting that.Mine should be in next week from the group buy from earlier last year.Just whetted my appetite.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 4394 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote