THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Accuracy of European Doubles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy of European Doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
There was a recent comment on one of the threads that kind of dissed the accuracy of European double rifles.

I personally have not found that to be an issue, as they tend to be very accurate.

A proof/regulation/test target from a Heym 88 double in 9.3 x 74 at 100 meters shooting factory Norma Oryx 286 grain ammunition:

That target was shot with factoryammo. In other words, that is the worst it will shoot before handload tweaking.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen several different European doubles shot, and shot a few of them myself.
In calibres from 9,3x74R up through 500 Nitro, in brands like Blaser, Chapuis, Merkel, Krieghoff, Heym, accuracy was not ever an issue with any of them.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I have seen several different European doubles shot, and shot a few of them myself.
In calibres from 9,3x74R up through 500 Nitro, in brands like Blaser, Chapuis, Merkel, Krieghoff, Heym, accuracy was not ever an issue with any of them.

Concur 100% and like you I have seen and shot a few.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote