THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    S.I.A.C.H.I. quality, prices?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.I.A.C.H.I. quality, prices?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm thinking about getting a SIACHI double rifle in 45-70. Any thoughts on quality and what I should be expecting to pay on the used market? Thanks.

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SIACE, http://www.siacearmi.com , These are basically hand made guns, quality is a step up from the Merkel or Chapuis. Unless you have already found a used gun it might be tough search as they do not make many guns in a year. I have one new 45-70 mid-grade gun remaining and will not see anymore until mid-09. Pictures and description can be seen at www.kebcollc.com , look under the firearms and then rifles tab.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe I spelled SIACE wrong but I did. Sorry. I do know better.

Posts: 403 | Location: Hurricane Central, FL | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have owned one for six months now. I have re-regulated it, via hand loading, to shoot 350 gr Hornady JRN at 2000fps using 60gr of Varget. The factory regulation target was done using Federal 300 gr JHP factory ammo. I love the quality of the gun and its weight, 7lbs+, and balance as I hunt in the Colorado Rockies and do not want a heavy weapon. At $7K new I think that it is an excellent value.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I saw examples of most of their guns at the Italian EXA sporting show and visited their factory in Gardone this past spring. They build guns for themselves and also assemble rifles for other Italian makers, several of which I recognized when I was there. The fit and finish appear to be good. I have no idea how they shoot, but I seriously considered one in 9.3x74R.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote