Deleted at owners request.

Posts: 6440 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pictures of his rifles can be seen at the post

cheap intro by mike smith

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow. Anyone know anything more about this chap? I'm pretty certain that the actions can handle these loads and pressures, but my main concern would be the lockwork, as I have heard a lot of shotgunners complain about the CZ/Turk internals being most unreliable.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for bill/oregon

you can contact cz and ask them ! also find out about their warranty on internal parts, problems they've had if any , etc.

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jason didn't want his home address posted . unfortunately all his info got deleted !

SORRY !

anyone wishing morE info about his double rifles can contact him at tel 720 224 5122
OR
email jsimpki@yahoo.com

cheers, tomo

TOMO577

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Deleted at builders request.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ramrod 340

thanks for posting this . it is ok.

jason just didn't want his street address listed.

his contact phone & email are ok

TOMO577

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke with Jason on the phone a week ago. Very pleasant young man, and very knowledgeable about this DR build of his. I am finding myself interested.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gives one hope for the Remington SxS doesn't it?
I coul see one of these in 9.5x74R in my vault.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
REMOVED AT MAKERS REQUEST

TOMO577

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a rifle from Jason, and can't wait. Will post pics and report as soon as I recieve my new double

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
which cal. and model did you go with?

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Posts: 711 | Location: Michigan , USA | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some good looking rifles.

I have a couple of questions, and I hesitated to ask them because I did not want them to be taken the wrong way. I am not trying to stir anything up, but I am confused about a couple of things.

First, while I understand these are being sold as private sales, doesn't the fact that they are advertised for sale and there appears to be a fair amount of work involved, isn't there some kind of license or permit required ATF wise?

Selling a conversion or rebuild is a fairly serious matter, especially when we are dealing with rifle calibers.

I also have a question regarding safety. Just how safe are these? You are basically taking a product that was never intended for the guts of a double rifle and using it as the framework for a double rifle. If CZ is like any other company, they would be shouting from the hilltops that any modification not only voids their warranty, it relieves them of any responsibility or liability.

And I guess I am a little surprised that CZ hasn't made some attempt to reign this in. It is one thing if you work on your own rifle for your own needs. It is another thing to perform this level of work and resell using CZ's name.

I know of more than a few guys who build their own doubles with various parts of older guns. But as far as I know, they do it for themselves.

Rifles and shotguns are two completely different animals.

Any thoughts?

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Jim, I don't see why your question would stir anything up. They are very valid concerns.

I thought that Searcy used the browning action when he started. But then again I have been wrong before.

Hope we get some info from those in the know.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
actually i think you will find searcy started on the ruger red label o/u action.

years ago he told me he went to the browning s x s because they were the only maker who would give him material specs and technical information,

dietrich apel also built on ruger o/u - he stated that he was the only one bill ruger would sell a monobloc to.... and his rifles have a set of 20 ga bbls with them. he built them in 45-70 and 375 h& h. dietrich had worked for ruger on developing the red label o/u. kinda small world, isn't it ?

TOMO577

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
actually i think you will find searcy started on the ruger red label o/u action.

Hey I'll take being half right. Smiler
From Butch's site:
""Butch’s first double rifles were conversions of Ruger and Browning shotguns. In 1993 he designed and then began building his own rifle. His objective was to produce an extremely reliable, accurate and affordable “tool [his word] for serious hunters""

As usual just my $.02
Paul K