New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peep sight again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'll try to finish what I started. This is the sighting system I set up for my Chapuis. I used the aperture from an XS sight. Drilled and taped a .220-64 thread in the rib. Drilled and taped an 8-32 thread intersecting the .220-64 from the breech face of the barrels. This hole prevents the plunger that releases the bolt lock from being pushed flush into the breech face. Used an 8-32 socket head set screw to lock the aperture. This screw is short enough to sink below the rib face. Screwed an 8-32 nylon rod down tight to the set screw. Cut it flush and slotted it thus, allowing the locking bolt plunger to be pushed flush with the breech face. Filed 2 flats on the aperture thread to lock it. Milled a dovetail in the front sight ramp and installed an XO post front sight.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I made a wrong turn someplace.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Photobucket, click on the last link, the one marked "IMG". This will copy it automatically, then go to the message you're typing and paste the link there. Once you post your message, the picture will appear in the thread.

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote