Find
Notify
Tools

I can't believe it!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
There is a Krieghoff 500/416 at Hollowell's with upgraded wood and upgraded engraving with ammo and cases for $9875. Here is the link:

http://www.hallowellco.com/kri..._classic_500-416.htm

Fantastic deal. Pull out the recoil reducer and you would be good to go. I can't believe this thing hasn't sold yet.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Gee Dave, why don't you just offer free samples of cocaine, and while you're at it, give me a paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!

Big Grin

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, i talked to Morris about trading towards that rifle, but it didn't work out...at least not yet.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Biebs, I have never seen a K-gun this nice and it's a steal!

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, she be a looker, all right!

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made him a hell of a cash offer for that K-gun. I think we were both shocked when he passed, but it was not long after he first listed it. Oh well, on to other things now ....

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Wow. They are giving it away; I am sure it would be sold by now if not for the caliber. 500-416 people, please, no hate mail!

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
I have to agree - that is a real beauty.

For me it's not the caliber - I think it is pretty cool but then again I seem to gravitate towards unpopular or uncommon calibers. I'd just rather not have two guns that operate differently and require I remember what is in my hands at the moment.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the prior owner thought the recoil was too much since it comes with 72 factory rounds and 8 emptys???

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
The weight is one of the only things that kept me from enquiring about it was posted on this forum a month or so ago. Shed two pounds and I would have been interested.

Mac

Posts: 1731 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
8.5 lbs. It kicks more then CCdoc's 600.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
8.5 lbs. It kicks more then CCdoc's 600.

Mike

Mike, it has a recoil reducer in it. Pull that out and I bet it's around 10.5-11 pounds and that's about right.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave went back and I read it incorretly.
8.5 oz missed the 11lb

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Y'all can have two shares. My share and yours. Enjoy the short tang, schnabel forend on a double Roll Eyes, Sabatti like engraving shocker And "that" safety space. Just my opinion. Smiler

sofa

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DoubleDon, What plastic under the rib?

Posts: 135 | Location: Canton, Ga. USA | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RSIMMONS:
DoubleDon, What plastic under the rib?

My mistake on that one Sir. I stand corrected and have corrected my post. I confused it with the Blaser on that issue.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote