Notify
Tools

9,3x74R Loads ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted
Gentlemen,

Due to a lot of practice (and by following MacD37 instructions about how to shoot a double)I am improving quickly !!

I can put both holes side by side till 60/70 yards with open sights, at 100 yards the right shot is dead on the center but the left shot goes down and left..

I am shooting Norma ammo loaded with 286 grains and I am thinking that maybe for our pigs and even the red stags the 232 grains Vulkan must be a good option and much fun to shoot with.

Does anyone know a good load for those bullets ? I have IMR 4895 and RL 15.

Thanks
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buenos dias, Lorenzo,
If you GOOGLE up Nosler's or Hornady's web-sites, you can download their load data right from their sites. I just bought the Nosler Manual, edition #6 and it has mucho data for the 286 grain Partition and for the 250 grain Accubond.

Best,
Ron.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo the only 230gr IMR 4895 loads I did were with GS HV - warning tho: Do not use this data for any other type of bullet. This data only applies to GS Custom HV.

GS HV 230 gr, 9,3x74R IMR 4895 oal 94 mm:

59 gr= 2436 fps
60 gr= 2454 fps
61 gr= 2524 fps

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much !!!!

Do you think that the difference between your bullets and mines can produce any problems ?

I can go with the lowest of your charges and see what happens.

Thanks again.
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
If you follow Norma's guide:

http://www.norma.cc/sortimentl...liber=9,3x74R&Lang=2

According to VV burning rate chart IMR 4895 sits right in the middle between Norma URP and 202, so use it accordingly - therefore IMO 59gr of 4895 should do for a start (that's for 232gr Bullets not 286gr!)...

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norma's factory duplication load is 61 to 61.5 grains of Norma 203B with the 232 grain Vulkan bullet.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks !!

L

One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

Good to see you back on AR!

Steve Hunts

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buenos días compadre!

From what I have learned, both bullet weight as well as speed have a major impact on your barrel's grouping when shooting a double rifle.

Usually, when shooting lighter bullets, your barrels cross more than with the heavier ones.

Saul Braceras has written an excellent book on this subject.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Hunts, thank you very much !!!!

DUK, good idea !!!! I saw that book offered in some magazines !!! I will buy it !!! Thank you very much !!!!

L