THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    For Those Of You That Like The 505 Gibbs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Of You That Like The 505 Gibbs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recoil is too light,can't be a 505.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Interesting gum, thanks for posting.

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
I prefer my Gibbs in a wood-stocked Mauser bolt-action; but at least it's keeping the Gibbs in the limelight.

For reloaders, Norma is now offering new brass for the Gibbs (it's in their 2011 catalogue; their website has not been updated).

So the cartridge is making a comeback..... fantastic!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobgrow:

I've seen that gun before and I think it is in 505 Gibbs.

2 things that help are it had a muzzle break and a Limbsaver on the butt plus they may not be absolute full power loads.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
quote:
Originally posted by bobgrow:

I've seen that gun before and I think it is in 505 Gibbs.

2 things that help are it had a muzzle break and a Limbsaver on the butt plus they may not
be absolute full power loads.

I was attempting humor,since it's a dull day here.

Bob

DRSS
DSC
SCI
NRA & ISRA

Posts: 551 | Location: Northern Illinois,US | Registered: 13 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny thing, if you scroll down the column of videos on the right, me in the 550 Gibbs Enfield is there from 2009.

Rich

PS: my 505 is a CZ.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
Nice gun. The reason for the lighter recoil is the gas operated semi-auto action.

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member