New
Find
Notify
Tools

my new Searcy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i took delivery of my new Searcy 450/400 yesterday and i must say that i am more than please with it. fit, finish and balance are excellent. i didnt order a wood upgrade but the wood on mine is gorgeous. so far it's only been fired 4 times, twice by me and twice by my 20 year old son. i took out one old milk jug and an old orange juice jug with my 2 shots and my son put his 2 shots into an empty coffee can. great fun. we were shooting Superior Ammo 400 grain loads. anyway Butch makes a great rifle.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Butch makes a nice rifle. You should post some pictures.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Good for you. I assume this the $15K version.

I am curious as to its weight, if you can find an accurate scale.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to Butch yesterday about ordering a 450-400. He told me that he brings them in at around 9 1/2 lbs. I wondered if 10 wouldn't be just about right. We're getting together at the SCI in Dallas so I can get measured for mine.

Dutch

Holding center.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Dutch!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks to all. i'll try to post some pictures as soon as i can. Will, i got the ph model. Dutch, the letter from Butch says it weighs 10 lbs. the trapdoor grip cap on mine added some weight i'm sure.

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the dark side. Better make room in the cabinet for another -- just like Lays', nobody can own just one!

dancing

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the Searcy has made meat!!!! i took a spike buck yesterday evening at around 7:40 with a hastily cobbled handload consisting of 47 gr 5744 with a 210 gr Hornaday pistol bullet. the buck dropped in his tracks and the bullet passed through. and by the way that flip up "moon" sight works like a charm. clap

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
degoins:

Did your 210 grain load shoot to point of aim? Do you have a load to duplicate the cordite load?

Dutch

God created man..but he sure the freak didn't use a monkey.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dutch,
the load hit point of aim but the left and right spread was about 2 inches. i only shot that load once, then loaded up 4 more shells and went hunting. i'll try it again later on in the week and i may have to do some load tweaking. i got this load from the Accurate Powder technical guy. it's a mid-range load and is supposed to be going around 2200 fps.

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing TWO bits of good news, THREE EVEN if you count the good shooting with the "light load". cheers

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BigFive,
yeah that light load thing was a real surprise. it looks like this rifle will be REAL easy to get along with.

DRSS

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I want a double.. CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,
just send Butch an email and he'll fix you right up. Wink

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
I want a double.. CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY CRYBABY

L

Me too...

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for my Searcy.
Keep working Butch. thumb
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by degoins:
Lorenzo,
just send Butch an email and he'll fix you right up. Wink

So will his wife! dancing

God, I think I need one too! Frowner

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
jumping

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote