THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    470NE Reduced/practice Loads Please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

470NE Reduced/practice Loads Please
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chris E Nelson
posted
Please help me out here...I wish to load some light practice loads so please share your pet loads including powder charges, bullets.etc....many thanks in advance

Posts: 153 | Location: Montana USA | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 grain cast lead bullet 45.0 grains XMP5744 powder F215 primer

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to http://www.african-hunt.com/ and look for the article on reloading the 470 NE.

Lo do they call to me,
They bid me take my place
among them in the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the brave may live forever.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this is the link 475 was referring to:

http://www.african-hunter.com/lead_bullets_in_a__470_nitro.htm

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I have no idea what powder or charge to use (or whether you could even get them to regulate), but I shot a .470 that a guy had loaded up with Hornady .475" pistol bullets.

Hornady .475" bullets

Hope that helps,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am shooting 30 Gr. AA5744, no filler and a 540 Gr. FNPB Custom Cast Lead Bullet with a Muzzle Velocity of 1100 FPS.

Custom Cast Bullets

It has the same POI at 25/50 yds as my hunting load of 108 Gr. H4831 and a 500 gr. Woodleigh Soft or Solid @ 2050 fps.

This is in a Merkel.

I think he now has a 500 gr. copy of the Woodleigh.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote