THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    RL 15 found - thanks to all who offered to help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RL 15 found - thanks to all who offered to help
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted
I confirmed and bought some this morning from a vendor in the mid-west. He won't/can't ship but Carl will pick it up March 8 and handle the shipping.

I was amazed at the number of AR posters who contacted me with offers to help, even to include loading the ammo so as to be able to ship it to me UPS without hazmat requirements. What a great group of folks we have here on AR.

Thanks to everyone, you're the best kind! wave

Cheers beer

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Great that you got some R15 (for your .500 I presume).
It is very hard to get here in Aus too,
i'm down to my last 5lbs which isn't much at 100+ gns per load !

Will you be trialling the new loads that Mike and Sam put together this week for the lighter C.E.B's ?

I am doing the same thing for my V.C, but have some loads to pull and reload before I try.

Your 100% right about the folks on this site and willingness to help, even total strangers.

Good luck with the loads, let us know how it works out for you.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Paul,

Yes, RL 15 is for our Merkel 500s.

I've spoken with Michael about the new "light" loads, but because he and I are on opposite coasts and because both Beau and my 500's are shooting the 93.5 RL15/570gr CEB load so well, coupled with the fact we can only get to the range on average once per week and are now only 3 months away from departure, we're going to stay with it for this Ele hunt.

Will try to work with the light bullets after our return, as everything about their testing makes sense to me.

Todd recalls these loads doing 2100fps. I am going to set-up my chrony to confirm and to advise Michael.

Since Todd now has his VC 500NE, I suggest you correspond with him to see if he has worked a good load for it yet, as it might work equally as well in your VC.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote