New
Find
Notify
Tools

wm evans vs. bison
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
took a little trip into S.D. last week with the idea of filling the freezer with bison meat. Took the old wm evans 375 out, right barrel, 1 shot between the eyeballs at 75 and the freezer is now stuffed. guess the old girl is still capable of doing the job.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Good God man, PHOTOS!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Good God man, PHOTOS!

What he said!

Antlers
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
took a little trip into S.D. last week with the idea of filling the freezer with bison meat. Took the old wm evans 375 out, right barrel, 1 shot between the eyeballs at 75 and the freezer is now stuffed. guess the old girl is still capable of doing the job.

Yes please, [regarding the pic's]!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antlers:
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
Good God man, PHOTOS!

What he said!

What they said!

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Me three!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting!!! now for the details and yes I want to see some pictuers to. thumb

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK I finally learned how to do pictures, now I gotta remember. This so call hunt was on the triple U buffalo ranch NE of piere S.D. It's not a hunt, its more shooting a cow in the pasture, but we knew that and went out with the idea of getting a freezer full of some of the worlds best meat, and maybe blasting a few pheasants at the same time. anyway my son saul was using one of the big 5 model 70 series (leopard) in 338 and our friend david gross was using a rolling block 45/90.

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks for the photos.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like lots of fun. Maybe I'll get to do that after I get out of prison.............And Retire! Packy

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures -- looks like a freezer full indeed!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trophyhunter5000
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the Buff...

Good eating for sure...

I went to Triple U about three years ago and shot a Buff...

Like ya said not really a hunt at all...

But a good way to fill your freezer...

Matt V.

Posts: 781 | Location: The Mountain State | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
It looks like you got some nice young bulls! My Granddad used to raise bison that he got from SD back during WW2. Meat was rationed but Bison wasn't so he made a killing selling the meat. Later he continued to raise them as a tourist attraction in Coldwater Mich. He just used a 30-06 to dispatch them for butchering.They are good eating. Enjoy it.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote