New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
To the folks that have one, for a budget double, what do you think about the SPR in 30-06? There is a new one listed on a gun site for $1100. Have these rifles held up? Were you happy overall with the purchase? Thanks for the help. Gary

Posts: 468 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sgt Brown
posted Hide Post
I have a 45/70 and like it. I had a 30/06 but never shot it. Sold it to a buddy and he is having a ball with it.

$1100 seems a bit high. I believe 30/06's have been running in the area of $700 on GunBroker and others. Check around. (I could also be full of it, too.)

Tom

DRSS
NRA Life

"Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can - if necessary - look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" US Cavalry Manual 1923

Posts: 93 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 30 06 will shoot around an inch to inch at a quarter at 50 yards, shooting three shots from each barrel.
Fit and finish is tacky and lousy triggers. Mine carries an Ultradot on it and is at my gunsmiths as we speak getting the triggers overhauled.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have one in 45-70 and well satisfied with it paid 730.00 for it. there is also a 45-70 on gunbroker currently @ 760.00. either one i dont think you will be disappointed although 1100.00 is really 3-4 hundred to high [imo] add shipping and transfer fees and it is excessive. regards. [be patient you can do a lot better, by the way there are 2 30-06s on gun broker]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the New European American Armory 30/06 the same rifle as the Remington?

Posts: 468 | Location: central California | Registered: 26 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sgt Brown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryG:
Is the New European American Armory 30/06 the same rifle as the Remington?

Yes. EAA was importing them from Baikal then Remington took over importation (unsuccessfully) and now things are back to EAA.

Tom

DRSS
NRA Life

"Learn to ride hard, shoot straight, dance well and so live that you can - if necessary - look any man in the eye and tell him to go to hell!" US Cavalry Manual 1923

Posts: 93 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote