THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Is the economy showing its effects at H&H London
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the economy showing its effects at H&H London
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
I was just brousing through their website & found so many of the lesser grades guns for sale. I even saw this brand new 500/465 for GBP55k - never heard of such a rifle for less than GBP 75K in the last 10 years.

http://www.hollandandholland.c...i=93&l=london&v=&c=2

Also the gunroom list
http://www.hollandandholland.c...talogue.php?l=london

Then there is this nice 375 H&H for jsut US$15k - that MUST be a real bargain considering it has the H&H name....

Just dreaming & drooling....

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11249 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the 375H&H the one for Pounds 9500 ?????

If so, it's probably because it has been rebarelled.

The 500/465 is the new Round action, i believe cheaper to make.

Also, have a look at the wood to metal finish of the 500/465, it APPEARS to be not quite up to the standard I would expect from H&H or is it just the photograph / shadows ?

Any comments ?

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have a few friends in the top end gun trade. They are still getting the orders for the top end new stuff, but they have to work for it. What has dried up is the upper / mid Market 2nd hand stuff - the £5,000 to £20,000 London / Edinburgh made sidelock shotgun or the new top end Italian actioned over and under. this has always been the bread and butter, but at the moment this Market is very flat.

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote