Notify
Tools

Merry Christmas to All
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted
Yep still here and lurking every day.
Still have and enjoy my VC 600NE and 375 Flanged.

Biebs and Don Soter and I keep in touch and always ask about Pop.

Pop enjoys the 375Fl with which he got his leopard more than the 600NE and still shoots his 585AHR though I do slip in a bunch of handloads with TrailBoss for the boomers for his extended shooting enjoyment.

One of these days maybe I’ll work with Aaron Little on building my 240 Flanged Nitro Express - Pop and I now sit together on deer stand and argue who will take the shot. Might as well have just one rife between us and make it a double.

Merry Christmas my friends and let peace find your hearts and be with you and your families.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you, and wondered if you were still around. Merry Christmas to you and your family also.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear from you Doc. I'm glad Pop is doing well. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas! Glad to hear you and dad are doing well. Your commentary and photos are missed in this forum!

Posts: 1435 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. We miss you here. Hope to see you and the family in Harrisburg again this February!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you and a very Merry Christmas to you all.

DRSS

Posts: 1930 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D R Hunter
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you doctor.

D/R Hunter

Correct bullet placement, combined with the required depth of bullet penetration, results in an anchored animal...

Posts: 997 | Location: Florida - A Little North of Tampa  | Registered: 07 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, the range is still open for you and Pop...might have to bring a snow shovel today, thought :-)

Merry Christmas!

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to doc & pop, and all here on AR.

.................................................................... old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Doctor!

Nice to hear from you. I flew through JFK a few months ago on my way to Africa. Spent the night in NYC and almost gave you a call.

Hope 2018 is a Happy New Year for you and Pop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36866 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Thanks all for the well wishes.
I’ll have to get back on the horse and contribute more here.

Biebs - I’ll bring my new Ariens snowblower I’ve yet to try out.

Lane - always welcome to call or just come on over.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Next time...I will make sure I do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36866 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote