THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My new and first DsD, I know it´s sideways but I am ok with that!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new and first DsD, I know it´s sideways but I am ok with that!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys!

There was a rather large gun auction this weekend localy and I think that I struck gold.

What do you think?

It´s a Renato Meganon, A italy made O/u in 9,3x74R regulated for the 286 grains Oryx Norma bullet, single selective trigger, and there are rings that will fit the clawmounts. Selective ejectors as well

In the case there are also a set of 20/76 barrels that are 1/2 and 1/4 chocked.

Price was decent about 4000 USD.

This is my first double but most likly not my last.

/Chris

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
HUSKY , congratulations, that is a fine looking double rifle, even if it had it's barrels bent around the wrong way!
jumping jumping

It is really a nice rifle, and with a pair of shoty tubes as well! $4K is a bargain! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
So, you bought that rifle? Nice!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys and Rusty, Yeah I vas fortunate enough to get her, did you have a bid in on her or did you just have an eye out on the auction?

Cause it´s a long way from Texas to Stockholm, and where you ower here I would be insulted if I wasn´t given the chans to buy you lunch and do some BS:ing.

Best regards Chris.

BTW I will get here home with in the next 2-3 weeks, there will be more pics then.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

That is a beauty! And in a great caliber.

"The reindeer will quake at your approach".

Jim

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Congratulations!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
A beauty!

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Have a great time with it, it looks really nice!

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all guys!!

I have bought the dies and cases already, will collect some 286 grains bullets at lunch today.

I belive that the "red tape" regarding permitts will be done by next week I will post more pics them.

Best regards Chris.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You ever want to turn that puppy over and make a few dollars pofit (actually more than a few) just let me know.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Very nice.. It looks similar to the Beretta 689 "Gold Sable"
I would love to use it in the lowveldt after Eland and the sort then for Birds around a the feed lot armed with biltong and a Castle Beer.
beer
ozhunter

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will remember your offer, you are not interested in a Husqvarna model 410 a Dsd in 450 BPE with a set of 12/65 gauge shotgun barrels, it´s in need of some TLC but will give a loving owner som good vibrations?

I have a solid connection to such a gun.

Best regards Chris.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Husqvarna M98:
I will remember your offer, you are not interested in a Husqvarna model 410 a Dsd in 450 BPE with a set of 12/65 gauge shotgun barrels, it´s in need of some TLC but will give a loving owner som good vibrations?

Best regards Chris.

I used to have a model 410 Husky double rifle chambered for 9.3X74R, and I wish I had it back. It wasn't a ROYAL grade by any means, but it was a good strong rifle,working rifle, that shot well! thumb

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Husqvarna M98:

Best regards Chris.

Hello Chris;

Are you talkig about the Husqvarna model 300 SXS (sidlock) 12 ga. shotgun with the extra set of barrels in .450 BPE that is advertised on Svensk Jakts?

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sbhva
posted Hide Post
MacD37;

Did you sell your Husqvarn model 410 through Chadicks back around 1993? I couldn't scrape up the $'s at the time, but found one in Sweden a few years ago.

Steve

Posts: 120 | Location: Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, she came home last friday, I have been cleaning and pampering here a bit and I actually whanted to go to the range on sunday but the weather was just to shitty to enjoy it, even with a new gun.

However here she is, will get better pics later but these are a teaser, the stock is really good looking..

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Drool, drool, drool, if you shoot it gangster style you could say its a sbs. Nice looking gun though, even if the barrels were installed sideways.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yupp I have special ordered two dibs that I will lend to friends that comes over to take a look at her.

gansta style it is.

/C

quote:
Originally posted by Brain1:
Drool, drool, drool, if you shoot it gangster style you could say its a sbs. Nice looking gun though, even if the barrels were installed sideways.

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sbhva:
MacD37;

Did you sell your Husqvarn model 410 through Chadicks back around 1993? I couldn't scrape up the $'s at the time, but found one in Sweden a few years ago.

Sorry I didn't get back to this string earlier, but i just noticed your question today!

No I didn't sell the Husky through Chadick's, but to an individual, back in the late 80s. That was one of three Husky 410s I've owned over the years, and they were all good shooters. They're not fancy, but i wish I could find another one in good shape, because I've been sorry ever since I sold the last one I had!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith