Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon RMR on a double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Everyone,
Not long ago I was watching "Tracks Across Africa" and saw Ivan Carter display a Trijicon RMR with a quick release base that fit right on the rear sight rib. He said something about a small hole on the rib the base fit into and that it was easy to take off or put on when needed.

I've done some checking and searching on the internet, but still can't find anything related to that quick release base for a double rifle.

If you go to youtube and type in Ivan Carter or RMR, you'll see the video of the commercial.

So, does anyone know anything about this thing? and if so, do you know where I can get one?

Thanks for all your help.

Take Care!

Posts: 29 | Location: US | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris Sells at Heym USA (new_guy here on AR) probably knows...doesn't Ivan use a Heym in 577 or 600 NE from Chris?

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan has both a Heym 450 NE (the one he lost in the river for a few days, Heym rebuilt it for him) and a Heym 600 NE. I have seen both
rifles on display at one time or another in the
Heym Booth. Small cuts are made in the rib sides to accomodate the mount. A very clean job. I had to make my own mount for my Krieghoff. As at the time, Krieghoff did not make such a mount. They now offering such a base for their rifle. Other doubles (Searcy, VC, Chapuis) may come with places for mounts. Makes a big difference. I used the trijicon Rmr
with orange dot. (See earlier post here on this subject RMR-Krieghoff by tetonka) Very happy with results.

Good Luck and Good Shooting

Tetonka
DRSS

Posts: 295 | Location: Willow City, Texas & Polebridge, Montana | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote