THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    wanted ! cases for sizing belts and cartridge holders
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wanted ! cases for sizing belts and cartridge holders
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need empty cartridges cases for sizing cartridge loops on belts and cartridge holders.
Right now I could use 4 bore, 8 bore 600 nitro,577 nitro,476 nitro. Non reloadable cases would work . Thanks, Tommymaker

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that lathing out aluminum or even wood dummy shells would be the easiest way to go.
Your asking for some access to some pretty rarefied cases there.

Posts: 3319 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tommy, I've got a sack full of once fired 8 gauge plastic cases. I can stuff a few with wads and crimp them to stiffen them up and send a few if it will help. PM me your address if interested.

They only problem with the 4 and 8 bore is that there are so many variations of cases. Off of the top of my head I can think of at least 5 different bore sizes that go by 4-bore (from .935 to 1.052") and at least 7 that are called 8-bore (.809-.888"), all pretty close but all slightly different.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bob,
Thanks for your reply ! Anything you can send me would be great. Trying to find even the specs on the outside of the cases has been a problem.
My mailing address is ;
Tom Ewing
966 CC5 LN
Oberlin Ks 67749
I am more than happy to pay you for the cases and postage---just let me know how much and where to send the payment . Thanks, Tommymaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
I'm thinking that lathing out aluminum or even wood dummy shells would be the easiest way to go.
Your asking for some access to some pretty rarefied cases there.

Hello Huvius,
I did think of that, but can't find the spects on the cases I mentioned---looked on line but nothing yet. Thanks for your reply !! Tommymaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tom, I'll mail some dummies you way.

To contradict what I just said above (I hate that!), I just measured brass from 4 different 8-bores with bore sizes from .820 to .875" and all of the cases were between .920 and .924" just ahead of the rim. Brass from m 4-bore measured 1.080" at the case head.

Bob

DRSS

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

"PS. To add a bit of Pappasonian philosophy: this single barrel stuff is just a passing fad. Bolt actions and single shots will fade away as did disco, the hula hoop, and bell-bottomed pants. Doubles will rule the world!"

Posts: 815 | Location: MT | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need any 450 3 1/4 NE ?
Can also put together a 500J dummy for you

Posts: 1626 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Zephyr,
yes they would be great, and welcome to my collection. Having the cases makes it so much easer to make my belts and slides. I would be happy to pay for the cases and postage. Thanks again, Tommymaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Omnivorous_Bob:
Tom, I'll mail some dummies you way.

To contradict what I just said above (I hate that!), I just measured brass from 4 different 8-bores with bore sizes from .820 to .875" and all of the cases were between .920 and .924" just ahead of the rim. Brass from m 4-bore measured 1.080" at the case head.

Bob

Hi Bob,
the cases can be a bit off one way or the other. There is some stretch to the canvas so a few thousands shouldn't
mater much. Thanks again !! Tommymaker