New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recoil Pad for K Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to add an inch LOP for my new K Gun to fit me, I am 6 ft 3 inches (190cm) tall.

Have been thinking about this pad: Kick Eez Magnum (1.5 inch) as it would add enough.. Bad idea or something better?

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Limbsaver have a really big pad out now.

Either 1.5 or inches.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Do you want recoil reduction or just length? Make sure you check out a limbsaver first as they are made from really soft rubber; really soft and squishy. If you are not concerned with actual recoil reduction, it doesn't matter what you put on the butt. I use Pachmyer Old English, or their softer one, forget the name. Decelerator. I hate it when my brain doesn't work, then it does.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered a Kick Eez Magnum recoil pad. It is 1 3/8 inch thick and should be perfect for my LOP. It is very soft and i believe mostly used by shotgunners. They material is called sorbathone. Not sure if it is similar to Limbsaver but they are both very soft...

Heard they wear out quicker (softer rubber mix) but that they reduce fealt (not actual) recoil more than other pads...

Anyone tried Kick Eez or similar?

http://www.midway.no/epages/Mi...ueryFromSuggest=true

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Kick Eez Magnum recoil pad on my 500NE Sabatti double, and it has made a world of difference.

- Ryan

DRSS
NRA Life Member
.500 NE Sabatti

Posts: 40 | Location: Boulder City, NV | Registered: 19 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Mine wears a Decelerator.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
I have been very pleased with the Limb Saver on large bores.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Kick Eez pad (1.3/8 inch). But have read it comes apart (tears) easily for a lot of users. Krieghoff also reccomended something harder for a b5 gun but use kick eez on thier k80s for trap etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My big bore's all wear a decelerator. I tried a really soft pad on my .416 Taylor, it didn't have enough side support and would collapse sideways when shooting, throwing the shots 4" left at 50 yds.

Posts: 32 | Location: Southeast Idaho | Registered: 25 November 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My main concern is ripping or tearing of the pad. Anyone have experience covering such pads With leather? Should eliminate the problem...