Find
Notify
Tools

Leather covered Recoil Pad
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted
My stock just arrived today from a little augmentation by my friend Gary Stiles. Told Gary to make it bigger and softer than the factory pad. Here are a few photos of his work.

The first two photos make the color look much brighter that it is in reality…guess it is that funky flash stuff. The last two look closer to the real thing. I am very happy with how the pad turned out. I believe the leather is Bear hide and colored to some secret recipe that is only used on fine rifles and shotguns. LOP is now perfect for me and the gun is ready to return to Africa in a few weeks.

Anyone looking for something similar can contact Gary at (724) 479-9945. Evenings is the best time to catch him as he is typically working on some gun project in his workshop. This cost me less than Chapuis wanted for the crappy rubber block they install in France….

Thanks again Gary!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is NICE. I think he did a good job. Nice to see someone who can do it right.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Looks good. Congratulations.

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Looks great! I may have to send my Merkel to this guy! Good luck on your trip!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote