THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Where to get double work done?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get double work done?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for suggestions my wilkinson 470 could use a barrel reblack, new recoil pad and a matching rear sling swivel. Then it would be really nice. Done relatively fast and correctly

Thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJ Perodeau's quality work is well known on this forum. I do not know if he could do it quickly, tho.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any reputable gunsmith who knows how to rust blue should be able to help you. The work you require is hardly double rifle specific.

I say this because turnaround is part of your request, and JJ is probably booked out a ways since he is one of only a few double 'smiths around.

Might post this on the Gunsmithing forum for other suggestions.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Aaron little would be the next suggestion behind JJ

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
If you are in Texas, Dustin Mounts at Gordy and Sons in Houston may be worth a try. Contact mjines and ask... he knows Dustin well and he and I have used him on a couple of projects.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote