New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis email
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have a live email address for someone at Chapuis in France? The "contact us" on their website doesn't get any response. (6 tries over 2 months.) I realize I don't speak or write French so I am depending on someone there to respond in English.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Have you tried to translate a rather poor but understandable letter using the google translator?

http://translate.google.com/#en|fr|

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, Have you had success in getting an answer from them when you sent the letter in French?

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Personally I'd contact Dale Nygard, who I bought my Chapuis thru. Ken Bush (Kebco on here)also handles these as well. I'm sure that they have good `smiths on this side of the pond. If not they'll be able to steer you in the right direction. Possibly emails too.

http://www.heirloomarmes.com/art_pop.htm

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
info@chapuis-armes.com

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bobby, That's their generic email; they don't seem to answer that one. I was hoping someone had the email for a specific individual.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Contact JJ Perodeau at Champlin Firearms. His wife is a former Chapuis employee.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting that it is so difficult to get a response from Chapuis. I had same difficulty getting a response from Sabatti (one email response from about five I sent), and I thought it was only Sabatti with that problem. I was told by an Italian who knows a lot about the Italian gun makers and the areas where they live, and he says that the area is considerably behind the times, with cell phone uee, internet computer use, etc., so maybe same is true in the area of France where their gunamakers live? One way I have been able to receive information from them, is to have an Italian act as intermediate, contacting them by phone, and getting back to me with their message, which is a pain, but it works!

Posts: 121 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recieved a very quick response from the address below
Chris
Bernard Gaussin <b.gaussin@chapuis-armes.com>v.chapuis@wanadoo.fr

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks cnm, I'll try those.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
I would definitely use google translator to put your letter into crude French and have the English text at the bottom.

A bit presumptuous IMO to send a letter in English to a foreign firm and then get bent when they don't respond.

Of course, the French will be a bit pissed by either English or poor French, so you may be in a no win situation. Wink

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
BayouBob
If you want I can translate your letter's content into French, no charge.
I'm from France, but have lived in the Cornhuskers State for the past 15 years now. I rarely post here, but enjoy the forum.
I could help you with the response you'd get from Chapuis (likely in French) as well.
Just PM me if you wish.
Bretton

Posts: 24 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 28 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob
The email i sent was in english and the reply from both gentle men was in perfect english. They refered me to JJ Perodeau for the repair on my rifle
Chris

Posts: 172 | Location: Vero Beach Florida | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duckear, I am not the least bit upset at not getting an answer yet. I know how "info@" email addresses work. Companies can get hundreds a day and don't have the ability to answer them all; and a lot of the emails they get there are junk. That's why I asked about an email that went directly to a real person. I figured sending an email using a Google translator would probably be garbled since I was talking in some technical terms.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stan, Let me give it a few days to see if they can answer my question. If not I'll take you up on the offer.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentlemen. Bernard replied quickly.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS