Find
Notify
Tools

Double Rifle Scope Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted
I just recieved a set of scope mounts for my Merkel 141 8x57JRS double. It took approximately 5 minutes (timed) to fit the front pivotbase into the dovetail. File work on one surface only to fit to dovetail. The rearbase will require about 10 minutes work to machine spacer to proper thickness ( they even included a collet for holding the spacer). The base fit the Merkel installed base perfectly. I could have ordered the proper spacer which is a 2mm. It is an eccentric spacer used to adjust windage of rear ring. THey offer them in thicknesses from 0.5mm to 20.0mm in 0.5 increments. Its easy to mount the front mount and rear mount then install the rings and measure the gap for the rear spacer, but this would mean two orders and time so I took a 20.0 spacer as they said I could machine it to the required thickness, which for the Merkel is 2.0mm. The rings are very nice.I told the representative the make of scope I was going to mount to get the proper height front ring to acheive the lowest mount. The scope will be a Leupold Vari-XIII 1.5x5. If I had ordered the proper spacer it would have taken me 10 minutes to fit front pivot into the dovetail and another 10 minutes to fit rings to scope and it would be as good a mount as I have ever seen. Cost $520 and delivery was less than 1 week. The company is MAK and the web page catalog is at www.kilic-feintechnik.de. They also sent me a catalog and if you want to see a beautiful Case colored Mauser action take a look at the ones in their catalog. you can also get their mounts an other goods case colored by the same person. This is done by Ray St.Ledger & Sons of Birmingham, England. If you have a late model gun be it bolt or double and want quick release mounts they have every style you could imagine and they are USER installable, which answers a question I have asked many times. It has always been my contention that any GOOD precision machining firm could make user installable mounts that could be installed by any COMPETANT gunsmith. This company proves that in spades. $520 is considerably less than Merkel was asking for their pivot mounts installed by GSI. Again I emphasize these these are as nice a mount as I have ever seen. Finish is a nice blue and all screws are allen head. I highly reccomend them and thank the forum member who put me on to them.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Das iss fine if you read German!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice resource! They do have some great products.

As for the German, I get about every 4th word.
Might want to let Mark know they have leiderhosen on sale, if I read that right...

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
The catalog is in 3 languages with Engish being the third one. Price list is in Euros. Their correspondence via email was in English and VERY courteous and helpful. When I told them I was a Gunsmith and would be doing my own install they said they would include a tool to assist in correct fit of the rear mount. It was the collet to hold the spacer for lathe work. They make custom accessories for Blasers including stocks. Also gripcaps,horn trigger guards, bullet traps for stocks and other such items. Also manufacture 98 Mauser actions (700 euros) that look good. THey have neat quick detachable mounts for red dot sights. Definitely worth considering.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote