New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Model Sabatti in stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It looks like Wholesale Hunter (and posted by them on Gunbroker) now has the Sabatti doubles in stock for $5400 to $5900 extractors vs ejectors. Pricing looks to be at about Cabelas rates before the fire sale and about 1 grand above the fire sale prices. So with some new doubles offered on our site at $7400 and used just below $7000, with the following guarantee and changes in construction and customer service, what do you think? Worth a try?

African Dangerous Game Side by Side safari double rifle in .450 Nitro Express. Designed and manufactured to assure performance, strength, reliability & accuracy. The receiver is forged & milled from a solid block of high strength steel.

The 24" barrels are made from 4140 chrome molybdenum steel and are cold hammer forged for better accuracy and tight tolerances. Finish is a high luster blued.

Sabatti rifles are built with the latest CNC machinery for tight tolerance, precision fit and lower cost of production blended with Old world craftsmanship to have the best of both worlds.

The rifle weighs 9.9 pounds.

The selected grade walnut stock with full Bavarian cheek piece & beavertail forearm are hand checkered and oil finished. The great thing about true oil finishes is that small scratches and dents can easily be repaired with out having to refinish the entire stock.

Bead front sight with 3 leaf rear express sight. Scope base included for scope mounting.

All Big Five Express rifles have a larger receiver, mono block and barrels for additional strength as required for large caliber ammunition.

Engraved Silver finished receiver with sculptured action release lever.

Current production barrels are brazed together with the rib and not soft soldered for strength and long life.

This rifle has double triggers with ejectors. Only the fired case will eject and unfired cases are pushed back by the extractors for easy unloading.

The safety is tang mounted and slides forward to fire.

The rifle is regulated and sighted in at 50 yards with Hornady Dangerous Game ammunition. Guaranteed to group in a 2 1/2 circle or less.

New production from a famous Italian gun maker Sabatti.

Imported, distributed and serviced by IFG, Italian Firearm Group in Amarillo Texas.

IFG offers a satisfaction and accuracy guarantee. The rifle will shoot within 2.5" or less at 50 yards with Hornady DGS or DGX ammunition as it was regulated with. If the rifle is unable to achieve a 2.5" or less group with both barrels at 50 yards you may return the rifle for adjustment, exchange or a full refund with in 30 day. We also offer a satisfaction guarantee for fit , finish and advertised as described. When the rifle is shipped to your dealer for transfer, you may inspect the rifle before the transfer is made. If the rifle is not what you expected for any reason, you may refuse to accept the transfer , have your dealer ship it back to us on our account and we will refund 100% of your money including shipping.

This is a 100% no risk to the buyer transaction. We are certain you will be satisfied with your rifle. We stand behind our product with a local USA company and service center.

Please note we have several of these rifles so we are using a stock picture with typical wood grain pattern of the same wood grade.

Note a scope base is included but the scope is not included.

The regulation proof target is included with the craftsman's signature, range and ammunition noted on the target.

Should service ever be needed, IFG in Amarillo, TX will service the rifle or supply parts.

Comes in a fitted hard case with locks FAA approved.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked with the new reps at DSC. They seemed to be quite excited about the new guns. Even if they have made all the necessary improvements, they face an uphill battle with DR shooters after the last fiasco.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Worse case if you buy one that doesn't fit or shoot is you send it to Aaron Little and he can regulate it to your favorite load for $800ish. He can rework the stock for another $500ish. That puts you at about the cost of some of these other low end doubles, but you will have one fitted to you and regulated as you like.

The Sabatti action is strong and tight, and the wood is decent and serviceable. If these new ones are like my old one the comb will need to be lowered for best fit with iron sights.

If you want anything other than a basic, no frills double, Sabatti isn't for you.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes it is worth a try; when the first Cabelas came out, I jumped on a 450 NE, and ultimately bought 3 of them. NONE had any issues and all 3 shot into 2 inches at 50.
Have no problems with the stock, except that I replaced the hard thin butt pads with decelerator pads.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I talked with the new reps at DSC. They seemed to be quite excited about the new guns. Even if they have made all the necessary improvements, they face an uphill battle with DR shooters after the last fiasco.

Biebs: I got the same pitch from them last year and unfortunately, a friend that was with me, swallowed the bait and bought one on 9.3X74 (A useless caliber but I digress). Supposedly regulated with Hornady ammo. Suffice to say, the regulation SUCKED, but at least the barrels weren't regulated with a dremel. j

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, oh well, perhaps the saga continues :-(

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
popcorn

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Current production barrels are brazed together with the rib and not soft soldered for strength and long life.

Brazed barrels would be difficult/impossible to re-regulate

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron Little did it with mine. You wind up having to get a new bottom rib.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
When dealing with the brazed models I pull the ribs and relay them with soft solder. Brazed models are also reregulated at a higher cost.

The new importer and I had a discussion about the continued use of brazing along with the issues I have with its use. It fell on deaf ears.
Despite soft solder being the accepted material(by the best) to use on double rifle barrels sabatti continues to be "innovative". there isn't necessarily anything wrong with brazing, but in my experience if you don't nail it the first time you can't make adjustments. Any issues they have about soft solder being weak is negated by having adequate surface/contact area between the rib and barrel surfaces.

It would be great if I could get sabatti barrelled/unbarrelled actions(shaped/unengraved) with ribs unattached and an inletted rough shaped stock. Dreaming big here.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked at the new ones at the SCI show and talked with the guy for a while. I liked what I saw and was optimistic about their future. It was a better looking rifle (wood and side plates.... I'm a glutton for side plates)than the Cabela's rifles that I saw years ago.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Aaron: Congratulations on the nuptials!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you don't nail it the first time you can't make adjustments.

Aaron, can't you just use a dremel? :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aaron: Congratulations on the nuptials!

Aaron, I picked out a wedding song for your wife..."Momma, don't let your babies grow up to be gunsmiths..." :-)

One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill.

Biebs...what can I say, you just aren't right.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAYS THE GUNSMITH :-)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Little:

Biebs...what can I say, you just aren't right.

That's not news and doesn't appear to be changing any time soon.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
u see people in europe touching these guns???

sofa

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well I"m gonna trade my blaser for one Eeker - O chit faint - thats right I don't have a blaser Big Grin

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
- thats right I don't have a blaser Big Grin

And the only double you have is 2 Mossbergs duct-taped together :-)