New
Find
Notify
Tools

need information?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need help, iam getting ready to buy an old spanish double the only problem is the stock has a crack by the pistol grip that was repaired.The owner mention that with pressure there slight movement,what i need to know if i should buy this gun? the action is tight acording to the owner,so can anyone help me?

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
when you say Spanish, care to put more details
- ie a name, a calibre, type of gun - sidelock, boxlock ?

Depends on the price and other factors.

If their is movement now, even after a repair, it will only get worse as time goes on.

It can of course be repaired again, or of course re stocked.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
big will...

Before you buy any double...
What game are wanting to hunt with your double???

How much money can you afford to spend???

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Spanish double is an Laurona double which i was going to get made into an rifled 12ga. I was only going to used the action which would be monoblock with new barrels.I am only paying 300.00 dollars and would get an new stock in the future,so with some help to make up my mind.

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention that i would only used the 12ga. bore-rifled for Deer and Hogs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wwll, I don't know the action but in view of the fact you said you will get a new stock in the future, the question I would ask is:-

Can you buy another gun with a good stock for a similar price of $300 plus what it would cost to re stock ?

And of course do you want to or do you like the Laurona action ?

Anyway, good luck.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote