THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Hornady 9.3x74R ammo..where is it?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 9.3x74R ammo..where is it?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Guys,

I've been looking all over for the new Hornady 9.3x74R ammo. I keep checking with places and they all say it's coming soon. Does anyone know where I can buy it now?

Thanks

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The .400 is finally coming available now and the 9.3 was next so I'm sure it will be along soon.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graf and Sons.

Sorry had to edit as I reread that you stated Hornady. That said, still go to Graf's and check out the Norma 9.3. I'd take, and have taken, Norma over Hornady in a heartbeat.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, So which brand of 9.3x74r is the best? Is it Sellier&Bellot?, Norma?, Hornady? or RWS?

Which one is the most popular for non-dangerous game?

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisville, Kentucky | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with both Norma and S&B for deer. But I did have some TUG's ready for the bear on Kodiak.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The Norma is okay within its limitations.

Might need a different bullet than the Oryx for tougher game.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really like the RWS UNI Classic and ID Classic.

Proud DRSS member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
without doubt the rws is the best currently on the market for serious hunting.

we'll all see how hornaday works when it becomes available...... in months or years ?

s&b is priceworthy for practice - i have no experience with it on game.

i've used normal with good results on pigs and deer, nothing larger.

hope this helps some

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:
without doubt the rws is the best currently on the market for serious hunting.

we'll all see how hornaday works when it becomes available...... in months or years ?

s&b is priceworthy for practice - i have no experience with it on game.

i've used normal with good results on pigs and deer, nothing larger.

hope this helps some

I have used a lot of S&B , 9.3X74R ammo on large boar, and deer, both muledeer, and whitetail, with consistant one shot kills, and it shoots well in my Merkel 140E double rifle! I've also reloaded some of the S&B brass, and have had zero problem with it! My favorite bullet for hunting in North America with handloads is the 186 gr Nosler Partition, but the S&B bullets do complete pass through on large boar neck and shoulder placement with silver dollar size exit wounds dropping the hog in his tracks! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomo577:

Hornady's 9.3 was to follow the .400, which is available now. I already have some of their 9.3 brass, so I'm sure the 9.3 ammo will appear any time now. I bet it will be fine ammo too.
------------------------------------------------

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 400 Nitro Express:

Hornady's 9.3 was to follow the .400, which is available now. I already have some of their 9.3 brass, so I'm sure the 9.3 ammo will appear any time now. I bet it will be fine ammo too.
------------------------------------------------

Like Mark, I'd bet the 9.3X74R ammo from Hornady will be good ammo! I personally can't wait to get some to test in my doubles. I always like to have a factory ammo to back up in case my handloads are lost in the large black hole of international air travel! Right now I always have some S&B 9.3 ammo on hand for just that reason! thumb

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Mac. From where do you purchase that S&B 9.3 ammo? Is it loaded with the 285 gr RN? Thanks. Packy

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
PACK are you in Zimbabwe, or the states? If in the states, what state, and I'll try to find you some!

I bought 10 boxes of the S&B ammo a while back, and between that, and my handloads, I haven't needed any in a while. The last I bought I bought locally at CHEAPER THAN DIRT, but that was their last 10 boxes. Believe it or not, That ten boxes only cost me $10 us per box! Wish I could find another bargain like that again!

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got 6 boxes of S&B 286 gr. SP sitting on the shelf. I'd be interested in trading same for 7X65R, or will sell it for $45/box. DuaneB

Chapuis UGEX, 9.3X74R &
7X65R

Posts: 72 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 21 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm only North of the Zambezi in a technical way. Try the state of Misery. South of Iowa and North of Arkansas with eight states touching? I believe that is right. I haven't seen S&B in Misery. And I don't want to pay $54 per box. I have the 285 gr RNs which are loaded with 50 gr 4895 if I remember right. It is safe in my gun but work up to it. The primers are CCI magnum. Probably could go higher with CCI LR primers. Any ideas Mac? Thanks for your thoughts. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
MacD?