Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Double Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
I ordered the oak and leatehr case when I ordered the rifle from Butch Searcy. I think it was $1000 back then - they are probably a bit more expensive now. Butch could give you specifics.
Mangwana

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge, Have you looked at the leather cases Jeffs Outfitters sells? They aren't quite as spectacular as some of the Italian cases but they run $3-400 for really nice leather cases.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yes I did. I'd like to see one up close and also their country of manufacture. Also been pondering an Americase then having a Tack shop cover it with some of my Cape Buffalo hides.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I remember a tag that said Mexico. Mine seems to be well made throughout. It certainly gets some compliments. I like your idea though. You would have the best of both worlds, a tough case with a great look.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owned and shot a number of Searcys double rifles and I have never seen one that didn't shoot great, and 99% of them would challange most bolt rifle for accuracy at 75 yards..that says a lot.

I had one .470 that Butch won the big Nationals double match with and it shot and inch and sometimes better at 75 yards every time..He talked me back out of it and I have regretted that ever since. I shot quite a number of buffalo with it and it sure did knock the snot out of those big bulls..but alas I am a sissy and opted for one of his 450-400-3"ers...It shot almost as well.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote