New
Find
Notify
Tools

DRSS pig hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to see some pictures and hear a little bit about how the hunt went. What doubles were available to shoot. Next year I'll be a little quicker in getting in on the hunt. Look forward to meeting more of you at the DSC convention next year.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
A good time was had by all.
16 hunters had 23 pigs in the cleaning shed. Two or three pigs were lost.
The five hunter group I hunted with Tuesday afternoon brought in this truck load.

Rifles at the shoot were 9.3X74R to a 500 BPE Jones underlever.

The comradery was wonderful and Charlotte's cooking was sumptuous! The guides, Brad, Matt, and Doug took excellent care of us.

Looking forward to next year's DRSS Invitational Hunt.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Dang! Why is it that so many guys seem to have so much fun in the state of Texas?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a great time. I did the trifecta, one pig with a double 500 bpe, one with scoped 375 bolt trash, and stuck one. We had great weather, at least compared to 98 degrees in June and snow and ice last January (which I missed). Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bob: What was your load with the .500 bpe? Just curious.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16653 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. My gun is in the shop and I borrowed the bpe from another participant. It was shooting Montana Precision Cast, I think 360 grains. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice hunt! I wish I was with you!

Here my little addition to your boars Smiler

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Roman,
Thanks for sharing! Nice boar! Nice looking rifle!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rojovin
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty:
The five hunter group I hunted with Tuesday afternoon brought in this truck load.

The comradery was wonderful and Charlotte's cooking was sumptuous! The guides, Brad, Matt, and Doug took excellent care of us.

Looking forward to next year's DRSS Invitational Hunt.[/QUOT

Rusty: When and where was the pig hunt? Did it come out of DSC group? I would love to had gotten in on this one. I am going next friday to Latham, Ohio to meet up with a group from DRSS trip arranged by RM007. I am really looking forward to my first Hog Hunt.
ROJOVIN
Long Island NY

Posts: 96 | Location: Long Island New York | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roman BGH:
Nice hunt! I wish I was with you!

Here my little addition to your boars Smiler

Roman, you need to get over here, and join us on one of our get togethers! Congratulations on your very nice wild boar! Classic pure wild swine! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Hell, I have been looking for a reason to go to Russia....lets have the next DRSS event over there! banana

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
One of these days we need to have a DRSS Buffalo/PAC elephant hunt!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
One of these days we need to have a DRSS Buffalo/PAC elephant hunt!

Hell I second that! Or a group of pairs for each two to hunt 2 on 1 for cape Buffalo. This could be done at Katte's place, or over in Zambia at Bala Bala's Dendro park! Peter Bird and Ray Atkinson did one of these a few yrs ago, but it had to be scuttled, because the gov closed hunting at the last minute! As it turned out, the rule didn't effect the private property hunting, but they didn't know that at the time!

I'm certainly up for one of those type DRSS hunts! .......... clap

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Goodness, my good friends are shooting POLAND CHINAS with SCOPED double rifles, it's incest, child molestation, sodomy, for sure!! you should be stringhaultered and gilflurted for putting those obstructions (scopes) on your doubles!! Blasphemous!! moon clap

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rojovin:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rusty:

Looking forward to next year's DRSS Invitational Hunt.[/QUOT

Rusty: When and where was the pig hunt? Did it come out of DSC group? I would love to had gotten in on this one. I am going next friday to Latham, Ohio to meet up with a group from DRSS trip arranged by RM007. I am really looking forward to my first Hog Hunt.
ROJOVIN
Long Island NY

ROJOVIN:

You and I will chat in camp next week in Ohio.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aw come on didn't my post stir up any of you guys? Rusty, Mac, the old Gorrilla shooter, surely one of you could at least show the curtursy to retort and make my day a little better! animal

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42167 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
When's the next one and how do I join the DRSS???

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 450/400
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks for the info 577NitroExpress.

Posts: 675 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 26 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ray, with my old eyes, I'm start'n to put a scope on everything!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Ray,
Without my scope I'm so nearsighted I couldn't see your post.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Roman, you need to get over here, and join us on one of our get togethers!

Mac, I wish to join you, but it is so difficult!
quote:
Originally posted by ROSCOE:
Hell, I have been looking for a reason to go to Russia....lets have the next DRSS event over there!

You are welcome to Russia Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Goodness, my good friends are shooting POLAND CHINAS with SCOPED double rifles, it's incest, child molestation, sodomy, for sure!! you should be stringhaultered and gilflurted for putting those obstructions (scopes) on your doubles!! Blasphemous!!

The only excuse for me is: I shot this little boar in the middle of the night, at 1 AM. I forgot my night vision scope, so I had to use Swarovski, which is always in my rifle case. Smiler

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello all,

Please PM me with DRSS info.
I am interested in finding out more.
I would love to get out and shoot my 470 DR more.

Thanks
nitro450exp

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
nitro405exp,
I sent you some information.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post

How are you handling the COLD of your new home

compared to the warmth of your birthplace? Eeker

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote