THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTK: Not happy w/ Chapuis receiver color...Help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTK: Not happy w/ Chapuis receiver color...Help!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a new Chapuis 9.3 with the silver receiver (coin finish) look and I am not happy...I want a dark blued/cased colored look on the receiver. Is there ANYTHING I can do to the receiver to loose the "shiny" look? Help!

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 29 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Send it to someone like, Doug Turnbull and have him case color the frame. Send it to somebody who blues guns and take you chances they will do a great job. The only other option, is sell it and buy what you want.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
thats why i ordered mine case-colored in the current group buy..i didn't like any of the engraving scenes that i saw in the chapuis catalog....maybe some simple ivy or scrolls...but a matte or satin finish...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug Turnbull www.turnbullrestoration.com has a very good reputation for the work done and for customer service if you don't like something.

It reminds me of how people around here describe Butch Searcy www.searcyent.com.

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you have to find out if the action is polished ..... or has it been plated ?

if plated it can be stripped before bluing or case hardening. turnbull is a master of his trade, but his prices are 2 - 3 times what you can have a really good job done for.

get a copy of gunlist - now called gun digest
and check out the guys who do case coloring.

maybe the answer is sell it and re-order what you want on the current group buy.

let me know what you'd sell it for by pm

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote