THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Grand rapids & vicinity,DR shooters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grand rapids & vicinity,DR shooters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I just found out about this, this morning! This is just about a
once-in-a-lifetime oportunity to see some of the very best makers and
double guns/rifles in the world. It's free for the cost of printing off
an e-ticket and runs for two full days in Toronto which is an easy day's
drive from anywhere in Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, NY, PA, etc. Unfortunately,
it's June 12 & 13, the same days as this shoot is tentatively scheduled.
Any chance of doing it on a different weekend? I build double rifls as a
hobby and I sure would like the chance to attend this exhibition.

Best,

Ron Vella.

Take a look at the web site and the display picture.

Metro Toronto Convention Centre

EXA 2010

EXA Canada is a rare compilation of Italian gun making artisans
bringing their awe-inspiring creations of sporting firearms right here
to Toronto. Be a part of this unforgettable opportunity to meet face-
to-face with leading names in this industry as well as craftsmen with
limited production firearms.

June 12th & 13th, 2010

http://www.exacanada.com/index.php

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bringing back to the top.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys,
One of the important things about this show is that one of the exhibitors is Sabatti. I don't have to tell you what an impact the introduction of their double rifles, at very low prices, is having on the double rifle fraternity. Here's a chance to handle their wares and talk to their people face to face, without having to wait for and go to Reno! I for one am anxious to handle one of their big bore guns.

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

BTT
Any news ?
Look at PM for dates I am open.

Cheers
Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found this post. My son(GDOG) and I would love to attend a MI shoot. My son lives in the Detroit area. I'm in the UP.

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
will try to be there if if bolt trash is allowed Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of flylo
posted Hide Post
I just found this thread & live west of Kalamazoo & would love to attend a shoot. I have a lowly Remington 45/70 Double I haven't even shot yet. My airplane hanger was destroyed by a tornado in April & I've been busy dealing with that. Keep me posted please. Thanks! Eric

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 707 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: 20 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I "think" I met Bill73 the other day as he was talking about shooting double rifles with his buddies soon in Ada.

Do you guys want to post details.

Go Navy

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,
thanks for all your interest,yes the shoot is scheduled in the next few days,but we did limit the shoot to owners of double rifles only,the reason being the number of people with double rifles was so small that it just would not have been practical to open up the shoot to all,it is my hope that as we progress in this that we will have more participants with double rifles and which would allow us to open up this type of event to all.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Here is the motley crew that attended the shoot.
Here are they toys:
Heym 500 NE
Heym 470 NE
Heym 450/400
Krieghoff 500 NE
Krieghoff 470 NE
Cz 458 Lott O/U
Chapuis 9.3x74R
45/70 (Shotgun with Tangfoglio inserts)

Fun was had by all.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Bal, You forgot your Brady,Tx snake proof gaiters! They wouldve went well with the ear muffs for the photo shoot! animal

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Hey bro,ya just gotta learn how to stand out in a crowd tu2
quote:
Originally posted by Mississippian:
Bal, You forgot your Brady,Tx snake proof gaiters! They wouldve went well with the ear muffs for the photo shoot! animal

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Bal has been flipping the bird to so many people with Obama '08 bumper stickers that he has had to bandage his middle finger to give it more support. Must be tough to live in Michigan with all the Dems. Eeker

Mike

Posts: 21374 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looking good guys!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Fun factor is obvious on those faces.
Say, how did the shottie with the .45/70 inserts shoot?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16529 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Bill

It shoots pretty good, I will post a picture of the targets if I can find one.
I shot one but put another on top of it, and proceded to pound it with 12 ga round balls.
The shottie doubles as a Paradox, I take out the conversion tubes and screw in extended rifled tubes.
I am still developing 12ga loads.
Having said that it will only ever be as good as a $ 250 20" russian made shottie.

Lots of cheap fun. 325 grain @ 1700 Fps

This was the Buff target at 50 yds off sticks see the 45/70 circled in red.
I shot 2 in the vital zone (spotted then on the spotting scope when the target was nearly empty)
Others shot the remaining 4 shots.

This is 41 grains off the bench from 1 week before.

This was 42 grains at the shoot weekend, barrels are coming closer but barrel groups opened up, or I was punch drunk from the .500 NE Wink

Thanks
Nitro

DRSS, BASA

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Oh yea !
Red dots are 2" diameter.

Cheers
Nitro

DRSS, BASA