Find
Notify
Tools

Krieghoff .500 worth 18k?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.finn.no/finn/torget...se?finnkode=40217393

Asked the dealer about this rifle. Said he would accept a trade in with my plain (blued action) 470 classic B5. Was willing to give me 7.7k for my gun and to go down to 16.2 on the .500. The differential would be 8.5k.

Is this a really bad idea/deal? I would like to step up to .500 and i like the look of the rifle, but it is still just a dressed up classic? Nicely dressed i would add though...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But why do you insist on going up to .500 NE...?

You have a .470 with ample power to anything that walks...

Save your money and go hunting Wink

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree.

500's are nice but if you have gone
to the trouble of setting up a 470,
stick with it.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like too much $; I thought a new one would be less than that.

Posts: 17284 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I would not pay $18K for a Krieghoff. For that kind of money I would buy a Heym or look for an English double that might be priced at that level or even slightly higher. I think it would be tough to ever get your money out of an $18K Krieghoff.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Nice gun but not worth 18K, at least not to me. I just picked up a barely used standard 500 K-gun that was listed for $8,200.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you guys. Thanks for the advice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a semi-customized LH K-gun with upgraded wood for 10K

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd pretty much just call that a dressed up Big5.
The 16k figure, is probably close for a new one with that engraving. Sideplates will put you into the 16-17 range on a Big5 on a basic, plus the engraving style. They are about 13k for a standard Big5 over here. Guess it depends if that style of dressing does "it" for you or not. You can pickup some better stuff in the used stuff in the 16-18k range though.
I think he wants too much difference on it.

Krieghoff Classic 30R Blaser
Stevens 044-1/2 218 Bee
Ruger #1A 7-08
Rem 700 7-08
Tikka t3x lite 6.5 creedmo
Tikka TAC A1 6.5 creedmo
Win 1885 300H&H. 223Rem
Merkel K1 7 Rem mag
CCFR

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prices are different in US and Europe. Simple K Big Five in .500 NE in Russia costs 12000 euro. That double is not simple as I can see. So price may be different.

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Krieghoff has anounced the ejector option this year so every one want to get ride of the old no ejector guns, an new ejector standard is EUR 8500 = USD 10700.

The old ones was EUR 7800, second hand max EUR 3900. I would not even take it for 2000 because that piece will drop in price extremly. As soon as the newones are on the market that rifle is a nonvaleur.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree the rifle is expensive. But regarding the ejector model coming out and making the non-ejector model obsolete/nonvaleur, I highly doubt it. Ejector is nice and all but not that important to most...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont need ejectors. For 6 years of using DR with extractors I found it comfort enough :-)

Posts: 637 | Location: Moscow, Russia | Registered: 13 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We will see that exactly that happens, Krieghoff will have much work to get all orders done, there was a large number, who not bought the Classic because of the lack of the ejectors.

Merkel and Heym will get hard competition by Krieghoff in the DR. With the ejectors the Krieghoff is ahead of the other German manufacturers becasue the Krieghoff you can decock, but it is still a self cocking rifle.

The old models without the ejectors will be insellable.