THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Chapuis 9.3mmx74R load using Nosler 250grn BT
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis 9.3mmx74R load using Nosler 250grn BT
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brad aka Pill Shooter
posted
I'm strongly considering getting a 9.3 before I go for the 450NE + rifle. The question is I have 700 + nosler Ballistic tips that I purchased for my 9.3 RUM project. Has anyone developed a load that works well in the Chapuis 9.3mm using these bullets if so can I get some details on it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it on the open board. If I can get a gun to shoot this bullet well I might be swayed in the 9.3 direction.(Yes, I understand the cost of the bullets is nothing compared to the rifle but it would help to lean me in the 9.3mm direction).

Thanks

Brad Smiler

Posts: 619 | Location: Sherwood, Oregon USA | Registered: 07 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
All the Chapuis's I have seen or heard of were regulated with 286 grn bullets. If you order one for you it might be ordered to shoot the 270 grn.

I'd sell/trade the 270's and get 286's myself.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every DR is different so with an odd bullet weight like that, just because someone worked up a load for their DR, doesn't mean it would shoot in yours.
The only way would be to shoot it.

However, I know a few over here who have used 250gn bullets
as a light load for pigs, deer etc.

Unless your DR really doesn't like them, I would say you are likely
to get them working. And if not, you could definately get them going
in one barrel !!!

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee willikins, you could always get a gun that allows you to regulate the barrels eg. a Tikka O/U. This lets you adjust the POI of the lower barrel, and is much cheaper than a SxS.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brad,

I'll bet you can sell the 250 gr NBTs without any difficulty. They're no longer made, but are much tougher than most NBTs and make dandy hunting ammo for the 9,3x62.

Mike

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldnt even worry about it. Am sure you can find a load that would be respectable with the 250's and then just use them for off hand practice.
If that doesnt float your boat sell them and buy a bunch of 286 Privi's for practice.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote