Find
Notify
Tools

Next DRSS get-together
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted
Are you Texas DRSS guys planning a get-together anytime soon?

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Not any in the works. Be glad to let you shoot my 450/400 if you get down to Houston

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will you be in Dallas next week?
AR Banquet
Friday, 10 Jan. 2014
6pm
Pappas Bar-B-Q (Northwest Hwy at I-35)
2231 West NW Hwy
Dallas, TX 75220
Come by and I will by you a cold one.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I plan on it. I have a property closing the day before (Thursday the 9th)....so hopefully we won't have any hiccups. How late do you guys plan to be at Pappa's?

Posts: 3107 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet they run us out by 10 but I can't say how long some may hang around in the parking lot.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade, if at all possible you should by all means come to the Dallas Safari Show.

It is well worth the trip, especially if you want to handle a bunch of double rifles.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
Wade, if at all possible you should by all means come to the Dallas Safari Show.

It is well worth the trip, especially if you want to handle a bunch of double rifles.

I'm definitely planning on it. I originally had a group hog hunt planned for that weekend, but we pushed it back a couple weeks. I think I'll probably drive up Friday and cruise the show until close, and then figure out what else I really want to see Saturday morning before heading back home.

My Dad is supposed to tag along, and hopefully a good buddy of mine as well (if he can get away from work).

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Myself and Bill73 will arrive in Dallas Thursday night.
Hope to see you guys.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If things go well, I hope to be there for the BBQ and show on Saturday. Unfortunately, it's been an interesting few days so hitting the show on Friday is doubtful.

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Peggy and I will be in Dallas Thursday and Friday. Hope to see good friends again!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote