Find
Notify
Tools

What about this Sabatti?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted
There is a Sabatti 450/400 at a Cabella's in Utah that looks pretty good to me. Extractor gun. I like that. Great regulation target. If the muzzles aren't ground, looks like a heck of a buy.

Hee is the link:

http://www.cabelas.com/product...%26y%3D9&Ntt=Sabitti

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
If it shoots like that for you and the crowns are good then it will be a winner. Cabelas will refund if there are issues. I WOULD TRY IT!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ask if it's an X mdl.At that price it's probably pre updated regulation process. Those prices were
were 4999.00 for extractors and 5499.00 for ejectors. "New" mdls are 500.00 higher for each.
at the Illinois store.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would go for it and did on a similar find in Buda. 450/400 Ejector. The muzzles look clean. The serial # is followed by an X which according to the guy in the library means it has been properly regulated i.e. no dremeling.

He was also quite adamant that Cabela's would make it right by refunding, replacing or sending to Sabatti for repairs.

If they are close enough I think it is a worthwhile consideration. I'll let you know how mine shoots.

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good target and if it shoots to the sights even better. My 500 didn't have an X in the serial # and has good proper crowns. Shoots better than most of the doubles I've fooled with. I did have to put different sights on it to just it to shoot where I wanted it to. Those dremel crowns killed these guns. If Sabatti would have done it right to start with they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

Posts: 2833 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had a problem with an X gun? They disappeared from my Cabelas and were out of stock for a number of months. All of a sudden they had 8 on display.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No complaints with mine "X" gun.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Even if, (on the outside possibility that it's a bad one) Cabella's will make it right.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabelas deleted the photos, but I'm pretty sure I bought this gun in November. It is an X-rifle and shoots 1 1/2"-2", 6-shot groups at 50 yds. If the wind wasn't howling right now I'd be out chasing the local ground squirrel population with it. Squirrels in orbit Big Grin

Posts: 32 | Location: Southeast Idaho | Registered: 25 November 2012Reply With Quote