THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Question for double shooters. Loading to plink?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for double shooters. Loading to plink?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Do you folks load a low velocity can plinking cartridge for the 9.3X74? I posted the question on the loading forum but it seems specialized enough for here. I'm thinking about the Makarov bullet for the 9.3 in a small game, etc. load. I was wondering if a Red Dot, 5744, or Unique load would work? TIA. Seems possible with a double to make a fun load just to kill cans. Packrattusnongratus.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i think the makarov bullet would be a bit undersized (about .005 or thereabouts) but a nice cast bullet and some 5744 behind it would sure sound like a great idea

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Makarov is listed at 0.365" and 9.3 at 0.366". No difference if I get obturation. Any ideas from this area of expertise? Thanks, Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you may find that using cast bullets or some cheap substitute bullet will shoot ( meaning exit the bore ) but my experience with trying it in my 577 was that accuracy was ok for 25 yards - the zilch

the recoil is nowhere the same so it is questionable if it will shoot to the sights .

try it. or just get a smaller cal double that is cheaper to shoot- 7mm, 8mm etc.

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote