New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final decision
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, after a year of waiting for my Searcy Classic I have made a decision. I am not doing the Searcy classic in 375 flanged magnum and 450-400, 3". After a heart to heart talk with Butch I decided to drop my order for the classic. I will, instead, have a similar pair made up on His NEW round action double rifle.!!!!!!! I want him to make up the pair with a front lever forend release. It should look like a Rigby or Jeffery rifle reincarnated in better steel. What do you think?????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What calibres?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
NEW round action double rifle.!!!!!!!

???!!!???!!!???!!!

Dude, you better get off your ass and tell us slobbing fools more!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Does Butch have any pictures of the new round action???? Or is he waiting for DSC??

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No pictures on his web site. It's either a brand new great looking action or a modified beer can cannon. Eeker

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it but when I talked to him yesterday to confirm the calibers, 375 Flanged and the 450-400, 3" I asked him when he was going to make a true traditional actioned double rifle on a round action. He said Soooooooon. I said when he said very soooooooooon. I said can I change my order to the new action and he said Yessss. When would he have delivery, he said in April. He has 8 of the actions in the works now and I get two. A pair as indicated above and later this year a 500 N.E., 3"
I told him about the picture of the H&H round action that Terry Weiland has in his new book. Butch wants to see it. I don't have a way to easily scan and e-mail a picture of the rifle to him but he would really like to see a picture of the H&H offering. If someone has the ability to do that, I would appreciate it and so would he. I am excited. I may have busted his surprise. He didn't say I couldn't rat him out though!!!

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted Hide Post
lb404:
Tell Butch to use some of his profits to buy a computer!

Then he can go look at the Holland & Holland web-site! Big Grin

Here's the URL: http://www.hollandandholland.com/brochure/guns/roundactionrifle.htm

...and a bit of free advertising for H&H:

Marrakai
When the bull drops, the bullsh!t stops!

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help, I will show this post to Butch.

square shooter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, you took the calibre debate to heart! 375, 450/400 and 500 will most assuredly cover tha bases.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote