THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Vintagers Side by Side Championships
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintagers Side by Side Championships
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
If anyone wants to plan for 2013 championships in September. www.vintagers.org September 26-29
Addyville Rhode Island.
Sideby side shotguns, double rifles (40cal) or above for stopping event, single shots for the stalking event, drillings, and cape guns.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Definitely coming this year! Where are people staying?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Many of us are at the Hampton inn.hare are the stats and places to stay.
http://www.vintagers.org/

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Come hell or high water I'll be there this year.

Lets plan for dinner one night at Hemmenways - best lobster bisque, bacon-wrapped scallops and little necks drenched in garlic butter sauce I've ever had.

Then we can all go to the hospital for our caths - I know everyone at Brown!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Narragansett, Rhode Island has been my home away from home for 60 years. I have friends who live 20 minutes from Addieville so have a free bed. I'll be there for sure and as far as I know Claudio is coming with me. What you guys REALLY need to try is the clam cakes at Iggy's on Ocean Road, south of Scarborough Beach in Narragansett.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Ron,
Why not do both?
Then hit Federal Hill for Italian!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
We will have a great time.

Mike

last years event 2012

http://forums.accuratereloadin...0101804/m/3331015971

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike: Next year for sure, but Joyce & I will be in Wyoming again this fall.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1584 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I think I'll join you this year.

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
you guys get dressed up in all that as well?

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Double rifles, this is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age"

Damn, Alaskaman, that is a thing of beauty. I hope you'll allow me to borrow that paragraph occasionally.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Nope!
Mike
Stopping gun event

Southern side by side Ron Vella

Australian Big Bore Team members with Retreever
Graem Wright, Andrew and Retreever

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, based on your photos, I have to ask a question. Do you have to be over 70? :-)

Posts: 20139 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Listen you old so and so. You are older then me. Go and buy some doubles and single shots and make it up the this years shoot.

Oh Yea, I am only 45 been counting back by 5's for 6 years. animal

Mike tu2

One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ron vella:
"Double rifles, this is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age"

Damn, Alaskaman, that is a thing of beauty. I hope you'll allow me to borrow that paragraph occasionally.

Ya, I think I picked it up off of some low budget flick that never really went anywhere.... Roll Eyes

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
The championships are coming up fast. Latter part of Sept.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
Is the www.vintagers.org website down?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be there too, already all organized for the trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Claudio and I will be there for sure. I booked our motel room a few days ago. We'll be arriving Thursday pm, will be at show Fri and Sat. Going out to southeast light on Block Island after some stripers and bluefish with one of my friends in Little Rhoddy on Sunday. See you all there!

One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
Is the www.vintagers.org website down?

The site is now back up! Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote