Find
Notify
Tools

Rusty Knight is Tops
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
I will not go into the details here, but suffice it to say that Rusty Knight epitomizes all that is good about AR in my opinion. He always has an encouraging word, an insightful comment or a good perspective. AR would be a better place if we all learned a little from Rusty.

Thanks Rusty.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I second that clap

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
I will third that.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His posts are always a good read for sure.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
That's why he is known as DRSS "1" thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Mike your are right, Rusty is a first class GENTLEMAN. thumb

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
I agree wholeheartedly.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only met Rusty once very briefly at DSC this year. When my double rifle was confiscated last week, Rusty offered to let me take his Hollis and Son 450/400 to Zimbabwe!

As others have said, he is a true gentleman.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
You be da man! see you in February, same time, same place, Dallas SCI along with that motly crew you hang with, most that post here..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of course he's tops...He is from West Texas!!! troll

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
He is such a fine fellow, sometimes he makes me wish I was a Texan. Then I remember Tony is a Texan. Big Grin lefty

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
You cannot wish yourself to Texan status, that is an honor that is bestowed by birth or otherwise. On the other hand, Okie status comes with every 16 oz. Slurpee. Eeker

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
When I open up my dictionary to the word Gentleman, Rusty's Picture is there! In my opinion Rusty is THE MAN!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
MJ,

There are no Okies in Oklahoma. The Dust Bowl sent them all to California and resulted in an elevation of the intrastate IQ for both. I understand the only impediment to my becoming a Texan is the fact my parents were married, to each other, before my birth. pissers Big Grin

Interstate rivalries aside. Texas is the finest state in this country and I have always admired the pride Texans feel toward their Republic. If you can't find what you like in Texas, you are too damn hard to please. Also, I have been told that if you want to be a Virginian you are 300 years too late. However, if you want to be a Texan all that is required is to move in and fly the Lone Star. Please don't let the Mexicans take it back.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PWN375:
Please don't let the Mexicans take it back.

Too late as best I can tell.

My parents lived in Corpus Christi for many years. A number of years back they decided to move. I asked my Dad, "Where are you moving?" He said he intended to stick a tortilla on the radio antenna and start driving north and stop at the first place where someone said, "What in the hell is that?" They now live in Ohio. Smiler

Mike

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
West Texas people are great people, but I might be a bit partial, Hell I'm from west Texas wave
Rusty is what makes posting on these boards fun.
505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rusty is "first class"...even IF he is from West Texas!! Smiler

I lived for a year in HOT (Heart of Texas) in Waco.

I assume West Texas starts about El Paso, where does it end?

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AzGuy:
Rusty is "first class"...even IF he is from West Texas!! Smiler

I lived for a year in HOT (Heart of Texas) in Waco.

I assume West Texas starts about El Paso, where does it end?

If you are going East, it starts at El Paso, But from our point of view, west "TEXAS" starts at Abilene,and the Western USA starts at Fort Worth, TX, anything east of Abilene is EAST TEXAS, and Waco is 100 miles East of central Texas! The little town Of Coleman, in Coleman County, is the geographic center of TEXAS, about 30 mile south of Abilene, Texas, with the West, and East borders of Texas 425 miles from the center, at coleman. And the hottest day in Texas is like winter in AZ. Big Grin Hell, we only get up to about 118 degrees at Precidio, TX!

jumping jumping jumping

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Tell me something I don't already know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Mac your right west texas starts at Ablilene. I was raised on a farm and ranch by Sweetwater Texas. We call in the front porch of west texas!

505ED

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
Mac your right west texas starts at Ablilene. I was raised on a farm and ranch by Sweetwater Texas. We call in the front porch of west texas!

505ED

My old stomping grounds! I was born in southeast Coleman county, on my grand father's ranch, in a house built in 1894 by my great grandfather,on my mother's side, in the west room of the origenal two room log cabin. The rest of the house had been built around that old cabin.

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith