THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    FinnClassic 512S (Valmet412, Tikka 512) Bbl Sets and Guns Now in Stock
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FinnClassic 512S (Valmet412, Tikka 512) Bbl Sets and Guns Now in Stock
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have double rifle bbls in 9.3x74R as well as 30-06 in stock, NIB. We also have combo rifle/shotgun bbls in 9.3/12 and 30-06/12; scope mounts; side ribs; buttstocks; spacers; and complete guns (12 ga) in various configurations. See website(s) for inventory and pricing.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ I always get your Email flyer.
Do the new 512 9.3 x 74 barrels fit the Valmet 412 Actions.
Will the just clip on and everythngs fine or do they need fitting . My gun is an orignial
412 30/06 x 30/06 ,I want a set of 9.3 x 74 barrels.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I went to your site and tried to look at the rifles but for some reason I couldn't seem to find a good picture or specs or price. One of the pics seem to show the rfle barrels with fillers between the barrels or am I looking at the wrong picture. I couldn't find the inventory list either. What am I doing incorrectly. I have had several Valmets and really like them the only detraction was always the open barrels. Has this now been addressed?

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same trouble as above.

Posts: 159 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: 15 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All I do is go to the site and call up foresale or inventory then selsct valmet and it comes up.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I know I'm dumber than a wedge when it comes to PC's and the internet but after going to both sites I don't find ANY 'forsale' or 'valmet' catagories to select. Where are you looking? I find a lot of hunts offered and some bigbore kits but NO inventory selection. I would like to see the new Valmets as I am very interested in getting another 9.3x74R.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go to
www.Doublegunhq.com

Then search/ Purchase

Type finnclassic

Press search > gives you the price list

So many guns in the world, but not enough in my safe

Posts: 13 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much, found the price/inventory list but still no Pics of new FinnClassic. The side ribs are cheap enough so I just ordered a set and will see how they look and attach then decide whether to order a rifle. Kinda dumb but this way I will see for real and not have too much investment in the look see. Again thanks for the help I think thats the only thing I DIDN"T enter in the search field.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a picture of the side ribs on a double rifle.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quickdraw, these things are U/O configuration. Were you thinking they were SXS? Big Grin

Folks, for pics you'll have to download the cattledog, which is here on Russ's site. You can also get it from the manufacturer's [now Marocchi in Italy] site here . They only have a few assorted pics in the 512s 'Picture Gallery' at the moment.

Cheers,
Doug

Posts: 337 | Location: Gippsland, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with an O/U. It just needs an SxS fried.

I checked those out. There are actually two galleries on the Marocchi site. None of them have pictures of the full length of the gun with side ribs. That would greatly improve the appearance of the gun IMHO.

Thanks,
QD

One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
The sideribs are in actuallity a 10" piece of silicone rubber that is concave on two opposite sides and has a 'V' groove on the other two opposing sides. This is placed in the opening between the barrels as a filler. Would look rather neat and would still allow for barrel movement for adjustment. Well thought out simple fix but not really side ribs as we think of them which is why I bought one I couldn't see how they could attach side ribs and especially for $25. If I had a Valmet I would certainly use this application.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
I understand the aesthetics issues, but people seem to forget the very good reason why the guns are built that way: the barrels are able to be regulated by the user by the simple act of adjusting two screws. One is hidden by the forend, and one is at the muzzle. This does two things for the owner. First, you can perfectly regulate the gun for any load, and take advantage of the fantastic accuracy of these guns; and second, you are not paying $1000-2000 for some technician at the factory to regulate "as best" by trail and error, and then to freeze his work in place. To my mind, this is a vastly better design than the traditional method. And if you don't like the gap, we have a solution (albeit not traditional) for that as well...the removable and flexible rib!

The aesthetics of the rest of the gun have been improved as well. Gone are the "mirror" finish and gold line on the receiver; instead we now have satin and available engraving all the way up to a full custom shop treatment with or without gold inlays; the rear sight on the double rifle bbls is now a more robust "Dangerous Game" single windage-adjustable fixed blade island sight with hi-viz elevation-adjustable front sight; the finish on the 9.3 bbls is matte not bright; the recoil pad is much improved in appearance from the old vented style and a good spacer system allows LOP to be easily adjusted. Wood is better too, upgrades are available, and we have a classic straight comb stock as well as a muted montecarlo version. In terms of finish, we have deep blue-black, bright and satin; satin chrome; bright chrome (I will also admit that the various chromed versions are not to my tastes, even if they are more durable.); and best of all, unfortunately only available on the highest grade guns, we have a charcoal Titanium Vapor Deposition finish that will take 2000 hours of salt spray.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2932 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Marocchi FinnClassics look like a great update to a gun system that has interested me for the past 10 years. I passed on buying a tubed (as in 20-28-410) 412 6 or 7 years ago. If it had looked as nice as the new FinnClassics, I would have definitely picked it up. I'd really like to handle one of the new guns.

I'm going to have to make a FinnClassic my first double rifle. Or should it be my first combination gun?

What to sell / trade? That's always the interesting decision.

Thanks to all who sent helpful notes.