New
Find
Notify
Tools

barns TSX bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi All, just wondering if anyone out there has tried these projectiles in their doubles (450-400NE,470 NE or 500NE) and what were the results like?? was regulation difficult?? cheers

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
The Barnes X triple shock bullets shoot exceptionally well in my Searcy doubles, They shoot the same point of impact as my Woodleigh soft and solid bullets with the identical powder and primer combination. I have kiiled buffalo with the Barnes X bullets and a tuskless using Barnes solids.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks mate, what load are you using in them if you don't mind me asking, and which calibre??

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I've shot them extensively in my 500NE doubles. As always, excellent results with the TSX bullets.

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
Works well in my Heym 88B, although it's in 416 Rigby. The TSX shoots same point of aim as the solids.

Here's a picture of four recovered from a Cape Buffalo. Top two stopped him, shoulder/lungs on one and spine on the other, bottom two administered on the ground from the rear, thru spine, chest and into brisket. All recovered just under skin on off side. All still weigh 400 grains.

Great bullets, I like them a lot. More important than bullets though, I believe, is shot location.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
My 375 flanged heym likes them as well....

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhaba:
thanks mate, what load are you using in them if you don't mind me asking, and which calibre??

In my .470NE, I am using 106 gr of IMR 4831, Fed 215 primers and Jamison brass with a 500 gr TSX. In my .500NE, I used 110 gr of IMR 4831, Fed 215 primers, and Jamison brass with a 570 gr TSX. In my 450/400, I used only the Barnes solids are there is no 400 gr TSX available. These are all pretty stout loads, so if you try loading with the TSX, I would first check the Barnes manual for safe data.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks one and all, better take that trip to SCI next year and talk with the guys at Verney carron about a new double now Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or call Ken at (301)460-9563 !!!

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote