Find
Notify
Tools

Sabbatti 500 NE Ejectors
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all

Please can someone confirm whether Cabelas has received the Sabatti's with ejectors, as their website I think is outdated?

Thanks

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the first batch of ejector models showed up last week. There were 20 .470's and 10 .500's. I beleieve they were all spoken for previously from the two Safari Club shows. Not sure when the next shipment will arrive. As an aside, I shot my 9.3x74R basic model Sabbati yesterday and was very pleased with the result. Standing, leaning over the back of the pickup, I put two rights and two lefts inside two inches at 50 yards. That's about as good as I can shoot with anyrhing.

Posts: 138 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 13 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What was the recoil like on your 9.3x74r ?
I have a Sabatti in 450 NE & its shooting well.
I like the gun a lot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clayman,
The 9.3x74 basic rifle is fairly light, so recoil is noticable, but nothing to get concerned about. I think you may have probably the best choice in the Safari Grade rifles. When the first batch came in, we weighed all calibers and all of the larger calibers came in at between 9.3 and 9.7 pounds. A .450 at 9.7 pounds is fairly comfortable to shoot, while a .500 at 9.3 is a handfull, at least for me. Congratulations on your purchase, because I think time will tell that these are probably one of the best values in double rifles available.

Posts: 138 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 13 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
while a .500 at 9.3 is a handfull

Now we're talking!

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19334 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Cabelas listed a 500 and a 470 on gunsinternational this morning for $5499.00

DRSS Member

Posts: 904 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Edit or Delete Message
Ignored post by WVFred posted Apr 30, 2:02 PM Show Post