New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rottweill
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an opportunity to purchase a Rottweill over under in 375 H&H. If I buy it I want to put a scope on it do you guys know of anyone you would trust to do the work? finally what would be a good price for the rifle?
Dave

If your parents didn't have any children chances are you won't either.

Posts: 473 | Location: Davie Florida | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
JJ Perodeau is my guy for anything related to my non-Searcy DR.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I know there will be many on this forum who disagree but any really competant gunsmith should be able to install MAK swing mounts on your Double. If it is a late model they probably make a mount you can install yourself if you are handy . Go on line and look at their selection and see if your gun is listed or email them and ask, they are very helpful with technical advice.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimbabwe:
I know there will be many on this forum who disagree but any really competant gunsmith should be able to install MAK swing mounts on your Double. If it is a late model they probably make a mount you can install yourself if you are handy . Go on line and look at their selection and see if your gun is listed or email them and ask, they are very helpful with technical advice.

Cheap is the only consideration for some.
----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Metalsmith
posted Hide Post
Hey hang on, before you do that there's a guy down over here in California that's selling a .375 H&H Rottweil with a Leopold fixed four on it. Think he's asking $8,000 the last I checked. Don't know if he's too proud of it or whatnot but at the next gun show I can help you out with that if needed Dangerous Dave.

"Molotov Cocktails don't leave fingerprints"
-Dr. Ski

Posts: 579 | Location: Astoria, Oregon | Registered: 24 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dangerous Dave:
I have an opportunity to purchase a Rottweill over under in 375 H&H. If I buy it I want to put a scope on it do you guys know of anyone you would trust to do the work? finally what would be a good price for the rifle?
Dave

SCOTT ANDERSON 817-834-3006
He does repair and restoration of fine firearms
He can also does a good job on claw mounts or any other type.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Here is a set of MAK swing off mounts on a Merkel 141. You can of course spend more money if you are so inclined but you will get no BETTER mounts. http://mydrive.roadfly.com/photos/pic.php?u=125735XJP8l&i=8100[/IMG]

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote