THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Source for 9,3 X74R RWS Brass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Source for 9,3 X74R RWS Brass
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RAC
posted
Anybody selling it besides Huntingtons?

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Its getting hard to find. If Huntingtons has it I would buy what you can afford. Natchez carried it at one time however I believe they can not longer get it. Midway lists the loaded ammo as seasonal. I you know anyone in Europe they may be able to snag you some and send it to you....seems to be available over there. Good luck.

R

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 185 | Location: Randers - Denmark | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Why not ask Norma -they make the RWS stuff from time to time Wink

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graf's has Norma in stock......

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
Been away and just saw this thread. I had 120 cases shipped from Canada to the US from Hagn (Martini-Hagn); painfully expensive at $~2/case. Just email to see what they have on hand and if you run into any probs finding them on the net, PM me and I'll dig up their contact info.
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, and I don't have a 9.3x74R yet (I've been thinking about buying one) but what is the advantage(s) or reasons for wanting RWS brass specifically?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vagrouser
posted Hide Post
The RWS brass typically is thought to be the best in the 9.3x74R. Better case life, and held to exceedingly tight tolerances. Quite a few folks have experienced neck splitting after only a couple of reloads on the Norma.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RWS brass typically is thought to be the best in the 9.3x74R.

RWS' 9.3x74R brass is pretty good IMO.

I've used it, Norma & Geco and find all three long-lasting although IMO the primer pockets on the RWS & Norma normally loosen up before anything else untowards occurs.

My personal preference is Geco but I don't know if it's offered in the US.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
Norma makes both GECO and RWS brass from time to time.
I am quite sure about that the quality is the same, however RWS brass made by RWS normally tend to be a bit thicker than Norma brass.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, up until three years ago, RWS made all of Norma's 9,3x74R Brass, Now it is the other way round.

PS Geco and RWS are both produced in the same factory with the same work force...Difference is - Quality of the case and bullet. Geco is not intended to be reloaded - and that is a major part of the price difference You can use cases that would otherwise not be saleable!

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have norma brass from ammo. I bought, as well as norma unfired brass. The unfired brass is .017 to .022 thinner than the brass that I bought as ammo.

Posts: 1101 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Well, Huntingtons is out of RWS. So I bought 100 pieces of unfired Norma brass from Grafs. I guess I will find out how long it will last.

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ganyana:
Actually, up until three years ago, RWS made all of Norma's 9,3x74R Brass, Now it is the other way round.

PS Geco and RWS are both produced in the same factory with the same work force...Difference is - Quality of the case and bullet. Geco is not intended to be reloaded - and that is a major part of the price difference You can use cases that would otherwise not be saleable!

ganyana,
Thank you for update!

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Guys - just a heads up if I may - if you ever get a chance to stumble upon Thun brass (stamped with "T") - used in Blaser factory loads (loaded by Norma I believe), not available in US, - get some - those are the thickest and heaviest that I had a chance to see - you can tell a difference in weight just by holding it in hand next to RWS. Although Thun (Swiss) is a member of RUAG I believe they make their own brass?

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heavier brass, usally = thicker brass. And that = less capacity, so you "may" have to alter your regualtion load with it...

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought my RWS 9.3 from Cabella's special order dept.

DRSS
NRA Life Member
VDD-GNA

Posts: 326 | Location: Cheyenne area WY USA | Registered: 18 January 2003Reply With Quote