THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    DINOSAUR DOUBLES (JURASSIC PARK ) AND SEARCY STAINLESS STEEL DOUBLE RIFLES
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DINOSAUR DOUBLES (JURASSIC PARK ) AND SEARCY STAINLESS STEEL DOUBLE RIFLES
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
WRITTEN SO LONG AGO FOR AN AFRICAN HUNTING MAGAZINE I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT.

A CLIENT REMINDED ME ABOUT THE ARTICLE YESTERDAY.

I THOUGHT THE GUYS HERE MIGHT ENJOY TO READ IT Wink

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW PROVIDE COURTESY OF JIM MANION

dancing

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here you go Tom

http://www.african-hunter.com/a_pair_of_dinosaur_doubles.htm

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MANY THANKS JIM MANION !!

TOM ONDRUS

TOMO577

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Great read, thanks for sharing.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, thanks. I really must catch up on my reading of African Hunter. I had not read that one, else I would have remembered:

Searcy's first double was an O/U 300H&H built on a Ruger Redlabel 20g shotgun. (Gee, I have one of his early Redlabels in .338WinMag.)

Butch thought out the stainless double rifle in a conversation with Ross Seyfried.

And, IIRC, the 600 Nitro never got fired at a dinosaur in the movie, because a greenie slob swiped the cartridges. (What a shameful script.)

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops. The really amazing thing was that Searcy used a mechanical rest to regulate the 600 ... and the Simson firm in 1930's Germany had a similar contraption, calling it "iron shoulders" or some such whimpishness.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This article actually appeared in HATARI TIMES MAGAZINE of African Hunting and big bore rifles.

i don't know how it got listed under Arfican Hunter . both are great magazines

TOMO577