New
Find
Notify
Tools

EAW Peep Sight ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was looking at NECG web site for scope mounts for my newly acquired Chapuis DR 9.3 x 74 and noticed that EAW makes a peep sight that fits in the rear mounting base for the Quic Loc system. This might solve my ageing eyes problem.

Has anyboby used this sight or comments please?

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Yes, I bought the peep from NECG as part of the EAW pivot mounts for the scope on my .375 H&H. Tried to use it, but just couldn't get the hang of it.

Luckily I also had a fold down broad vee single leaf back sight, too. I had that welded upright and can shoot up to 100 yds with irons despite my aging (aged Frowner) eyes.

Regards, Tim

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have the EAW pivot mounts and peep sight on my 500 Jeffery. The peep works just fine, I only wish it was an integeral part of the base, similar to Jim Brockman's pop-up peep sight.

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I have the EAW style peep for my Sako 308. I have not sighted it in. BUT. I used the same idea on my Savage 99 .358. I have the weaver QD rings from Leupold. I can QD the scope and use the Weaver style peep from NECG. It is sighted in and I have used it during bad weather hunting for whitetail. I keep the peep in a butt stock pack by Eagle Industries. Any item I order from NECG works as advertised. Good luck. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biggest problem I find making peeps work is they have to be very close to your eye or very large. I haven't seen a DR application yet that works except for a tang mount but I would only put it in a PG gun not one for DG. $.02.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one (NECG) on a Ruger RSM in 458 Lott and like it a lot (no pun intended). I'm 65 and it works for me MUCH better than the "standard" wide vee rear site which I can't see very well any more.

Quicker also Big Grin

Roi

DRSS member

Constant change is here to stay.

Posts: 626 | Location: The soggy side of Washington State | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I knew you guys could help.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1928 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Have any of you guys taken out the peep and just used the hole? Seems like it would make acquiring and seeing the target easier.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote