Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

chopper barrels
 Login/Join

posted
we are thinking about manufacturing best quality chopper lump rifle barrels. we could put them together, digitize the lumps on your existing barrels and cut the lumps on the new barrels with our wire edm machine so that a minimum amount of fitting is required. i am in the process of doing this on my webley 500 3in. the right barrel burst about 4 inches back from the muzzle using westley richards ammo with woodleigh bullets. it was prohibitive to have the rifle rebarreled in england and very difficult to get the new chopper tubes so we could do it here. this would make caliber changes or new barrels much easier. any interest? bruce bowen www.bbguns.net

Posts: 13 | Location: sturgis, south dakota | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bruce
I think there would be a lot of intrest.
A lot of guys might like to have a set of smaller bbls fitted to their 40cal and up doubles.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Bruce,
Sounds good to me!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Interesting to me also.

Any guess as to the price yet?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Ditto for me also!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Would it also work to do them for jones underlevered rifles?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm very interested.

Repeat on the 'bout how much? question.

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
You can count me in on that deal as well! I have several doubles I'd like extra barrels for!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ditto!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sure would appreciate some idea of cost pls.

hope this isn't going to turn out to be another $700.00 remington spartan double rifle deal !

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill74
posted Hide Post
I would be interested as well!

Posts: 115 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you could make alloy barrels for big doubles
so we could put 12GA FH, 577NE,600NE,
700NE, etc on 10ga Zabala, etc
frames there would be a market.If you could make long alloy 12ga rifled barrels with pivot
for NEF Ultra slug guns another market.Ed

MZEE WA SIKU

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i don't know what the cost will be. it is too early in the project. keep in mind that i am not going to offer complete chopper barrels but rather a pair of choppers that are soldered together and the lumps cut to close fit for an existing action. i do not want to get into regulation, ribs and sights, etc. keep in mind as well that new barrels in england or europe at over $20,000 which is more that many rifles are worth. if i were to make a guess i would say in the $5000 range. you would then have to have someone do the rest of the work.

thanks for your interest. bruce bowen

Posts: 13 | Location: sturgis, south dakota | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote