New
Find
Notify
Tools

SCI Reno
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can someone take pictures of Butch Searcy's new round action double rifle when they see it in Reno. I have one on order for the spring of 07.
Thanks

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
And if you stop by, my .577 NE will be at Butch's booth - check her out!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm taking a digital and will do my best.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in the photos as well. I just got my Classic in 470 on Monday. He did a super job with the exception of a stock fit issue which I'm working through now.

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Butch's booth this afternoon to take a photo for you. When asked about the round action, he said tht he didn't have it at the show. He has several in the shop that are in the CnC machinr

So sorry, wasn't able to take the photos.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the try! Did you see anything really outstanding at the show?

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
As you're prbabaly aware, it can get quite overwhelming.

I had to talk to a few specific guys and was mostly focued on that. My buddy Eric fell in love with an over/under 375 flanged. He's also talking to D'Arcy about builing him a bolt action 375 HH. He's in a wheelchair and has very limited lower back, abdominal muscle control. D'Arcy and Brian (his assistant) think that they can balance well for him.

I found a little short cased (2 3/4?) 375 Coggy that is sweet. But alas, I've blown my stipend on Al's 475 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to trya and take photos today of what strikes me and will post them.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your new toy...that 475 is a beauty...I still can't believe Al let it go!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That 375 Cogswell was really nice and priced right to boot. Too bad I decided to look around and see what else there was. When I can back it was sold. Hope someone on the list got it. I did get a 577 Thys as a consolation prize

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto on Steve's post....stopped by on Thurs. and got the same answer. Some in the shop....none at the show.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stopped by and saw Butch and paid the remainder of the money for my 450 NE. Looked at the 577 and it is a beautiful work of art and to be much admired. Waiting to see the pictures of the animals that fall and hear the stories. I will not hang my head carrying a Searcy, saw all the doubles at the show and I have got my monies worth.