THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Best mount for red dot/scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best mount for red dot/scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would be the best way to set up a double to have the option for a red dot, or a scope?

Posts: 1102 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on the brand. Some have cuts for mounts in the rib; some have to be dovetailed or drilled and tapped. If your rifle is ready to accept optics Recknagel makes mounts for just about every system you can imagine. If your rifle is not set up to accept mounts have the work done by a qualified double rifle smith like JJ at Champlin Arms in Enid, OK. I have a set of Recknagel detachable scope mounts for my Chapuis and a detachable mount for a red dot like the Burris Fast Fire also from Recknagel. Both work very well.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Searcy builds a rib with Talley bases built in. Dirk Schimmel (h2oboy) can make a nifty base to fit this and almost any red dot.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Dirk builds a fine mount.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dirks mount worked perfectly n my Searcy.

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Well it is not a red dot mount, but it is an example of the exemplary work done by Dirk.
He just sent the pictures so happy New Year to me.
He mounted the scope. I supplied the scope and the claw mount bases were on the gun. (Factory BRNO mounts)

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post

Mount made by Dirk for Docter.

Nitro

DRSS, BASA