New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got my Double Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Awile back I post a question on the thread on weather to buy and old double or a new one.
I got lots a replys on the pros and cons as to old verse new.
I would like to thank everyone for there input it help alot in my final choice that I recieved today.
I thought it would be only fair to tell you what I bought seeing how everyone had a hand in it.
And the winner is Verney-Carron Demas Azur Safari luxe boxlock in 600 NE.
Thanks again to everyone's input.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
congrats

get ready....you will want more! tu2

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle. I've handled the 600 VC and was impressed. Well, you've certainly got the "Top End" of the of the big game spectrum covered. Make sure there's a couple of strong-looking trackers in your party, and bring a few $5 bills. You'll find a 600NE as light as a feather, provided someone else is toting it for you!

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Smiler

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OCTAVE,

By posting this notice you have become obligated

to post photos. Failure to do so may result in being

bothered about the lack of photographic evidence

till you have departed for "The Happy Hunting Grounds"

or you do in fact post appropriate photographs. You
have been warned! clap

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Octave,

now we know who the absolute coolest guy is on AR today!

Congratulations!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Pics or it didn't happen.

Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Just love to hear such good news

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your right seeing is believeing I will try to get a friend of mine to take some pictures,all I can say is I have waited all my life to own a double and it's sure been worth the wait.

short and fat and hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Posts: 251 | Location: Just north of Salingrad. | Registered: 07 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine gun and awesome caliber.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have its "lil brother" in 450/400 3". VC/Demas are awesome rifles. Congrats on your choice...you won't be disappointed....just banged up a bit when you pull the trigger.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
I have its "lil brother" in 450/400 3". VC/Demas are awesome rifles. Congrats on your choice...you won't be disappointed....just banged up a bit when you pull the trigger.

I'll bet that rifle serves your needs Gary! tu2
Back to the 600.

Jack

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think pictures may soon appear! clap

Jack