THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Are there any commercial 577NE ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are there any commercial 577NE ammo?
 Login/Join

posted
I can no longer find Kynoch, and my stock is running out. A google search did not help. Is there still any commercial producer of 577 (3' 750 gr) ammo?

Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'll probably need to contact one of the custom ammunition makers, like Superior, Hendershots, etc.

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Buffalo Bore makes it with a CEB and TSX. $40 a round.

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brass is to hardest thing to find.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you gentlemen, truly appreciate your help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have some Kynoch.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Choice ammunition in Montana

Posts: 572 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
There is always 577NE factory ammo on Guns International,Ammunition, British Dangerous Game, or British Collectable.

If that doesn't satisfy, contact Foxtrot- Francis Lombardi, he is the importer for KYNAMCO factory ammo from UK. He advertises on GI as well, the importer for HAMBRUSCH Ferlach double rifles.

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
BUFFALO BORE Ammunition, Salmon, ID is listing 577 NE loaded ammo available. You can call them directly. I don't know if they ship directly to buyers, or you have to go through a dealer?
I shoot this in my 44 Magnum and 45-70, it is usually pretty hot stuff!!

There is a box of SUPERIOR Custom 577NE listed on GunsAmerica. Watch out, it is listed by an attorney!!... and $25/round!! Superior is one of the best Custom ammo makers.

470EDDY

Posts: 2666 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I was further reviewing the Buffalo Bore website and I note they use monolithic bullets in some solid loadings.
These bullets should NOT be used in older double rifles, ie pre-war. Without the lead core to allow some flexing, they will damage the rifles and eventually separate the barrels. This is a very expensive repair!!
They should select Woodleigh Weldcore bullets!!

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or as recommended Woodleigh Hydro’s to me for older doubles.

DRSS

Posts: 1970 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
I was further reviewing the Buffalo Bore website and I note they use monolithic bullets in some solid loadings.
These bullets should NOT be used in older double rifles, ie pre-war. Without the lead core to allow some flexing, they will damage the rifles and eventually separate the barrels. This is a very expensive repair!!
They should select Woodleigh Weldcore bullets!!

They are using CEB bore rider bullets. I shoot them in my vintage guns no problem. Less pressure than a Woodleigh soft. I would not use a TSX in a vintage gun however.

Mac

Posts: 1746 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, still have that gorgeous Lebeau Courally 577 double?

Posts: 20156 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lebeau Courally

Ya, still schlepping that thing around.

Mac